New Phonak Roger On 3

Phonak First To Introduce Dedicated Chip for DNN Denoising (hearingtracker.com)

It seems that Phonak is going to release a new Roger On.

“Unlimited receivers” - @1Bluejay - it is probably for you!

@pproducts, probably they want to!

3 Likes

WOW. We had conjecture of putting the deepsonic chip in the roger and there it is. Wonderful.

WH

3 Likes

One of the features can be used on the older Roger On Mics by using the Roger Upgrader.

4 Likes

I’m cynically wondering if they couldn’t figure out how to limit receivers in the Upgrader, so decided to market it as a “new and improved” feature.

3 Likes

Only V2 probably… I have just upgraded my Roger Select, but my Roger On V1 doesn’t have any…

1 Like

I didn’t see anything suggesting Deepsonic chip. Can you direct me? Thanks.

2 Likes

Ok, jokes aside, I’m trying to figure out the differences between this and the Roger 2 (which was identical to the Roger 1 except for the headset mode). Scrolling through the list of features on Phonak’s site, only two of them seem new: Stereo Wide Pointing and SmartMute. It says Stereo Wide Pointing can be enabled on older devices via the Upgrader, so that just leaves SmartMute. I’m not sure how useful that would be, particularly since turning it off already automatically switched back to AutoSense.

I’m assuming the “scratch resistance” and resistance to “splashes of water” aren’t really new features, either, but I guess I could be wrong about that. Having taken apart prior versions, they’re not at all waterproof, but could probably survive sitting on a table where something was spilled or having a few drops dribbled onto their top surface. And the one that’s been knocking around in my bag for the better part of the year still looks pretty good, visually.

1 Like

So far this is the kind of news I have found…

This suggest than technically new feature may be available also in V1:

Perhaps my eager presumption. I don’t see anything with that word.

WH

4 Likes

I assume that Phonak does not want to cannibalise the Infinio Sphere market, so they doesn’t include AI chip yet… Or perhaps they are in the process of projecting a new, larger chip, more suitable for larger mics such as Table Mics or others.

1 Like

Any ideas on UK availability dates?

I’m going back into an open plan office and clients meetings soon (I’ve been working remotely via Teams since I lost a chunk of my hearing) and work is asking what accommodations I will need (and this may be part of the solution).

Yeah, you’re daydreaming again! I used to SWEAR my Lumity Life aids were waterproof and had dreams of swimming in a giant fishbowl with goldfish eating the aids. :fish:

2 Likes

Keep an eye on

3 Likes

If that means unlimited licenses to pair + connect more than one pair of aids to a Roger V3 mic … YOU BETCHA! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well done, Phonak! Oticon lags behind again.

Our educational Roger TouchScreen Mic users will enjoy improved menu functions, customizable mute lights, and also get the benefits of Roger Unlimited.

@AbramBaileyAuD
Did the above comment come from your team? If so, are you able to confirm if any Touchscreen Mic will hand out 02 receivers, once updated?
I may have not understood which is why I’m asking. Many thanks.

Does anyone think this might be a firmware update for the Touchscreen?

My friend’s Son has the Touchscreen and Oticon Xceed 1 UP and audio shoes with Roger X.

My friend has in the past, allow me to use the Touchscreen to upgrade my old Roger X receivers when they were not inside the hearing aids.

Wondering if I can get some 02 Roger receivers inside my hearing aids as well by borrowing the Touchscreen again.

Just hoping it won’t mess with his Roger X receivers on his Xceed hearing aids.

When you opened the Roger On what size Torx driver did you use? Bottom two seem to be T5 but the other 4 look smaller. Are they T4 or T3?

T4 sounds right, but I don’t remember. Whatever I used, I originally found that information in a post on here. I used the same one for all six screws, but I do remember thinking the bottom ones seemed bigger.

This says all Roger Microphones but it definitely doesn’t include the old Roger Pen 1.1 as I’ve just tried and it has the latest update.

Very misleading.

4 Likes

I think that unlimited receivers are only available on all newest Roger 3 devices.

About updates - they will be released in the autumn.

2 Likes