New Phonak Lumity hearing aids with disposable batteries released!

@1Bluejay

My audiologist said Activevent wouldnā€™t work for me. Itā€™s seems to be focused on the mild to medium loss group who wears an open fitting but could benefit occasionally from a closed fitting in a noisy environment.

I wear heavy double domes.

Jordan

4 Likes

AH! That totally makes sense. Clever solution for those with better hearing than me, for sure! :slight_smile: Thanks for the info.

Now if you have any solution for my current BT streaming issue ā€¦ well, BRING IT! :smiley:

1 Like

Sad to hear you donā€™t feel the ā€œPerpetual Complainersā€ may have valid points as well as yours. For instance, the fact that those lesser voltages of rechargable batteries are next to usless for anyone with
extreme hearing loss

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s simply a matter of not liking to carry spare batteries around. The reason I prefer rechargables has to do with predictability. When I had 312s, somehow the battery low message - the 15minute warning - would often come at a really inopportune time. Like playing in a band concert and being on stage just about to perform, or just after your doctor calls you to discuss your medical situation. With most rechargables, other than Lumity, as long as I charge them overnight, theyā€™re good for whatever the next day throws at me.

Iā€™ve trialed a few; right now Iā€™m wearing Resound Nexia. Iā€™m usually up at least 18 hours a day, stream 2-3 hours, and when I pop them in the charger they usually have about 60% battery left. On a very bad travel day, I wore them for 21 hours. By the way, I had also trialed the Resound Omnia, and their hours on an overnight charge was pretty bad. Resound has made a big improvement with the Nexia.

1 Like