New Phonak Lumity hearing aids with disposable batteries released!

Surprised nobody posted this yet. Lumity is now available with disposable batteries. If you watch this video and the Dr. Cliff video, the most interesting thing are the Lumity features that are dropped with the disposable version. Basically the Tap Control and the accelerometer steps feature won’t work with disposables. Not really a big deal IMHO.

The other announcement was the update to the myPhonak app. Version 6.7 should be pushing out soon.

Jordan

5 Likes

It won’t be long before the perpetual complainers will be chiming in here about this… :crazy_face:

Personally, i love the tap control…its awesome for pausing music or TV to have a conversation…

2 Likes

Yup! We kept hearing that some of the Lumity Life features wouldn’t work with disposable batteries and that is why Phonak went rechargeable. Now we know this to be true. What would be cool is if you could turn off these Life features with a toggle in the app to get some extra battery life from the rechargeables.

Jordan

5 Likes

Here is the Dr. Cliff video:

Jordan

3 Likes

3 Likes

Colors! Delightful!

WH

3 Likes

unfortunately there is nothing spectacular, only marketing
not a better rechargeable battery, not a better Bluetooth, not a better/improved platform :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those begging for disposable batteries will disagree!

WH

8 Likes

ok, this is the only good news.
too late too litle

1 Like

Too right, not even worth taking about, they do nothing to improve ones hearing.

Yeah we knew this because of the battery voltage

Na I don’t think you’ll get many at all, glad you love it, but the majority of us get by without these… extra’s

Its a new model, not a new platform. Probably the best platform already.

2 Likes

Nice they made a battery model after how long? 2 years?

This hearing aids are not small but they only have 312er battery? How long will they run? 2 days? rofl …

3 Likes

They released 4 models, from 312 battery to 13.

1 Like

this is what I’m talking about ! :joy:

I somewhat expect lumity customs this spring and then the cycle will start again at end of summer with new platform (I hope) Audeos.

I’m due to get new aids in September but if new Audeos come out I’ll wait until the VA contracts renew in Nov to get them.

WH

2 Likes

will see.
I wish to see an updated CIC/ITE version!

Those are the customs I mentioned expecting in the spring.

WH

i know, understood.
will see :slight_smile:

1 Like

I forgot to mention one thing. I don’t believe the disposable battery version of Lumity can use Phonak ActiveVent either. Not sure how big of an issue this is.

Jordan

3 Likes

Now that’s interesting, hopefully that’s not the case, quite a few like them, it’s a good idea.