New Philips 9050 user

I’ve had Philips 9050 HA for about a week which replaced Jabra 20 because of android connectivity problems. So far, the 9050s give improved connectivity with a Galaxy S24 but not perfect. I also have not been successful getting hands free operation to work. Haven’t had opportunity to evaluate operation in noisy environment.

1 Like

User322, can you provide some details to your comments on both Bluetooth connectivity and what you have tried to do for hands free operation? What type of Android connectivity issues is happening? Is it a 9050 HA issue, or a S24 or Android issue?
I too have a S24, and have recently tried the Jabra 20. While I am currently back to using my 5 year old Resounds, I have an appointment next week regarding the 9050s.
Also, please go to a noisy restaurant and report back how the 9050s perform! :grin:

1 Like

In the same boat. Returning my 20’s and using my Resound’s till i demo both the Reach and 9050. Im leaning toward the Reach since i dont like constantly shifting sounds and the 9050 seems like it wouldn’t be a good fit for me because ofnthe way it uses the direction of your head for directionality.

The Google Pixel 8 is the only phone that I’ve seen reported to work hands free with the Philips 9050.

Perhaps this will get fixed when Samsung updates to Android 15.

Samsung S23, latest update, works fine with Philips 9050, no BT issues, hands free with HA microphone.

2 Likes

Boy, using hearing aids with Android phones is an adventure! With the Jabra I tried, the phone would disconnect from my phone and I had to go through the whole “turn off the hearing aids, turn them back on and go through the pairing process” Thankfully, that has not happened with the Philips. Twice in the last week, when the phone rang, I heard nothing on the hearing aids. When this happened, I didn’t have to repair, all I needed to do was tap the bluetooth symbol on the phone screen and all was well. I have no idea why, it just did. I’ve only tried hands free a couple of times and unlike my old Phonaks, the hearing aids do not pick up my voice. Also tried the double tap without success. This isn’t a big deal for me since I like to know who is calling (might be a bill collector) before I answer. I don’t know how to explain this but it seems sometimes the “directional” feature on these get confused. In my shop, I have radio speakers mounted high on the north and south walls for stereo. I think I hear a little “warbling” with music. I better quit now before I make a complete fool of myself. Good luck with your hearing purchase adventure1

Well, I need to play around a little more but my S24 has the latest update and can’t seem to get hands free to work. Will keep trying.

Well maybe you can help user322, or is this a S24 issue.

Note the Philips web site still isn’t useful.

We need a YouTube video. Can you make one?

Just curious. Do you have le audio switched on or off? Thanks

Do you have the Music Program activated?
The warbling is caused by the feedback manager, which in the Music program is set to Low, and usually eliminates it, but the setting can also be set to Off, if needed.
Your HIS has to enable the Music program & feedback setting in the fitting software.

2 Likes

For full hands free, LE Audio On and Samsung watch with BT calls Off.
With LE Audio Off, I have to use mobile phone microphone

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Well I’ll be darned. The key is le audio. Hands free with it on, no hands free with le audio off. I have no idea why, but it works! Thanks for your help. Don’t yet know about hearing in noisy environments, but regular phone operation using android phone head and shoulders ahead of Jabra

1 Like

I’ve had Phillips 9050 TR for a month. They are not connected to my iPhone which is too old, but are useable without it. So far the sound is from the right HA is too loud. In a restaurant last Friday everything was at the same high volume, making hearing my table companions very difficult. I don’t have the issue with the old ones. Today one or both of the 9050s chirped like a cricket when I had it off the charger. 3d appointment with provider scheduled in a few days.
Has anyone had this experience?

Hello Gail, Welcome to this forum!

When your 9050s chirped, was that before they played their usual startup tune, or after? Were you able to look at the tiny lights on the back of the hearing aids to see if they were blinking?

Did you try turning down the volume in the loud restaurant? Did it help your understanding?

When I first got my 9050s, I noticed that one ear was much louder than the other, for low frequency sounds that were streamed from my phone. The problem was that the hearing aid fitter selected an incorrect type of dome for one ear. That made the software program more amplification for that ear. Since you are not streaming to your 9050s, I don’t think that is your exact problem, but it is probably good for the provider to check the dome settings. (The challenge here is how to suggest this to your provider without sounding rude…)