New Oticon Platform 2024? Intent/Encanta

The Oticon Real/More Z22a is a fraction thicker than a 312. So they might have a slightly chonkier battery again.

The runtime doesn’t look that special: especially next to the Genesis.

The accelerometer - Steerability doofer looks quite handy, but I’m not a huge fan of shifting directional patterns as user awareness//aggravation can happen. It’s like steering headlights on your car : sometimes cool, sometimes distracting.

Has anyone mentioned if the BLE allows full comms between paired/multiple users?

1 Like

The new intent speaker is more stunning than a real game-changing revelation… :rofl:

1 Like

I could not find any details about BLE, and if this feature is implemented.

Is this Oticon’s new speaker a challenger to Phonak’s “ActiveVent”?

exactly is this the marvel multiverse

:rofl::rofl::rofl: even after watching the video I am still baffled

When the videos talk about understanding the hearing aid user’s listening needs and intentions, it strikes how similar this is to what Signia claims to be accomplishing with its new IX platform. Of course to see any similarities, you have to subtract Oticon’s DNN and open soundscape,but it’s their goal for how the user can interact better in conversations that I’m focusing on.

Are we to believe the new "Sirius"processor comes with 3 years of "Sirius"XM, in full Hi-Res Music through the new speaker providing 57% more gain? Coupled with the new 4D Sensor Tech, creating Spacial Sound!
That is MORE than I REALly could have OPNly hoped for. For all INTENTive purposes!!

7 Likes

I wonder… I just recently bought Real1. This mean Real1 is obsolete now? lol sad face.

I still curious Real1 will get anymore feature update via firmware update like OPN have new feature update via firmware used to do it?

Do your Real1s still do what you need them to do? If so, they are not “obsolete.” Hearing aid manufacturers come out with “new improved” models every 1 to 2 years. Most improvements are very incremental. I’d bet that most people if they compared the new model to the previous in identically adjusted aids could not tell the difference.
Firmware upgrades tend to be to fix bugs, not add features. The only exception to this I’m aware of was Phonak with their Marvel line where they upgraded their Bluetooth.

9 Likes

Yes. This is true.

The performance claims made here by Oticon are only slight:

A 15% improvement in speech comprehension. This is similar to the improvements made by Lumity.

Not being negative, but either our expectations are too high, or it’s just very unlikely in 2 year increments that we are going to get a real game changer in terms of performance improvements.

4 Likes
  • self-calibrating speaker.
  • 4D.
  • new Deep Neural Network 2.0.
  • MoreSound Intelligence™ 3.0.
  • new Sirius™ platform.

incremental features?
maybe not.

1 Like

what are the versions of Real?

version 1 neural. intent have more sounds AI.

These are big statements. But the difference we will hear will be very subtle. The real sound of the real environment will be the same. Our damaged cochlea allows only some sounds to pass through. So the improvement is really always 10%.

1 Like

you have oticon real 1?

No, Oticon Xceed 1 SP

cool. and is good compreenshion of speak?

Yes, but I have profound hearing loss - so I can understand some words only with accessories (TV Adapter and ConnectClip) and with subtitles.

1 Like

the 13% nuance its a new thing. Would that be like speech perception. I dunno it sounds like fill in,

Yes 15% is important but sounds like a slight improvement

2 Likes