New Oticon App

Yeah, it’s not a big deal. I just like to swipe!

1 Like

I prefer not having to go through the process of hearing all of the tones

I dislike the same things. Too Many Clicks!! Takes away the discreet adjustments.
If you have more than 1 Program, click the little down arrow under the General Program (or whatever Program you are in) to bring up your list of Programs and you will be able to jump / click to the program you want --BUT – more clicks than we had to click in the ON App.
I did figure out how to mute just one hearing aid - long press on minus sign at the bottom of the pink column. I previously reported the mute button muted both aids.
My connected devices list needed to switch - 2 TV Adapters - appeared after I rebooted my iPhone.

I think you can turn off the program tones in Genie. You only have 1 Program - what tones do you hear?

1 Like

I really need the tones to help me know what I am in, but I only have the P1, TV Adapter, and remote microphone to deal with. My audiologist has worked with me extensively to get my aids fine tuned to the point that I don’t need anything else.

Yeah, @Mago , but beside the inconvenience of having to perform extra steps, you still don’t have the ability to keep the app active like the ON app.

Here’s how the ON app appears on android from the notification shade:

1 Like

Yes, odd and frustrating this morning on 1st use - iPhone & iPad. I think it may be the order in which I did things. I used the ON App.

1 Like

I edited my post to reflect that it is the ON app.

I think that just uses the Live Listen feature that has been on the iPhone with MFi aids, perhaps since the beginning of MFi.

Maybe I am inattentive - is there any battery down warnings in Companion app? Oticon On app could pronounce battery percentage and show battery warning notification. I cannot find any same thing in Companion.

I have never yet taken mine down to the low battery alert level. They are usually around 30% at the end of the day.

I have Oticon Xceed with disposable batteries. So if I have beeps, only 30 minutes left to battery death.

1 Like

This looks really good, and most importantly can be quickly accessed. Signia’s app takes freaking forever to open.

1 Like

LOL. I trialed Phonaks, and by the time the app opened, it was too late to take action!

@flashb1024: What kind of action, :zap:Flash:zap:

Change program, adjust eq, check battery, etc, etc, etc.

@flashb1024: I didn’t realize there were time limitations on these things.

The problem is, when you open another app on your phone, the MyPhonak app closes!
The ON app runs in the background, and is readily accessible, for REAL. More or less!

1 Like

@flashb1024: :zap::zap::zap:Whooosh! Thank you for explaining that! (Has yew ben tooken lessens from MrV @Volusiano?)

1 Like

I read that as by the time the app opened their HA trial was over LOL

1 Like