New Oticon App

Oticon Companion was released this morning. No Apple Watch app
It looks to replace the ON and Remote adjustment app

Apparently they are working on a beta that adds AppleWatch integration. I asked to be added to the beta via the feedback link on the app and was told sadly that “Unfortunately, at the moment we can not extend the Beta to users in the USA”.

I was happy to at least get an actual response.

Will need to wait and see…

That is good to know that the Watch app will become soon. I have the Oticon Remote Control soI am not hurting for the Watch app.

I do not notice an new functionality as compared to the On app. Anything new except interface? Thanks

Yes it also has the remote-care built into it.

Thanks, missed that.

@cvkemp: Woo - hoo! :crazy_face:

It doesn’t keep the time you use the aids

Exactly… they seem to have given up on Hearing Fitness… (or realized the research value they were after for the cost of the server hosting infrastructure)…

1 Like

I was hoping that Oticon Companion would make switching from iPhone to iPad (and vice versa) smoother. I feel like that back and forth between devices was easier with Oticon ON. Any other way to mute the HA other than through these apps? I am on iOS 16.3.1 and firmware 1.4.2.

1 Like

Yes you can use the iPhone or iPad control panel when you have the hearing device app added to it, the ear icon. Or you can use the Romote control 3 from Oticon, or the connect clip. And I agree it screwed up the connectivity and flow of the aids back and forth between the iPhone and iPad. But I find using the connect clip as my best option.

Please verify - App is a separate app - not an update to ON App, so we can leave the ON App installed for now and Companion will (should) work?

The Companion app is all new it also includes the Remote Care app. It I believe is meant to replace both the ON and Remote Care apps.
I don’t and haven’t used the OM app in months. I am still debating whether I need this app.

I’m going to install the Companion App on my iPad and see what happens.

Thanks for your suggestion. Problem is I do not own a connect clip, nor the remote control. I guess the workaround would be what you said: to tap on the speaker symbols on the left side of the iPhone/iPad panel control, which mutes the hearing aid.

1 Like

I use that most of the time, you can also swipe down on the top right corner of the screen to open the control panel.

1 Like

Deleted the Oticon Companion from iPhone and iPad. It seems better, tested a few times and it connected to iPhone, then iPad, then iPhone, etc instantly. When I had the apps it was a nightmare, I often had to restart my aids to get it connected.

1 Like

Same for me the apps seems to hog the aids. This new app is way worse than the ON app.

2 Likes

My first, very quick, impression of the Oticon Companion App installed on my iPad:
The ON App is unaffected and still works.
The Companion App appears to be in Portrait Mode only - not Landscape.
It does have Remote Care built in to the App.
Renamed Sound Booster to SpeechBooster - w/ explanation - reduces background noise & helps you focus on conversation. Only available in General Program and a green indicator dot when it is on. It now takes 2 clicks to turn it on/off.
Mute button mutes Both hearing aids - On App you could mute individuality.
It is quick and responsive.
Portrait Mode only on iPad is an issue for me. Hopefully, it is a setting I can change to make it rotate, but the app has to support rotation (says google:)
TV Adapters - I have 2 and so far it doesn’t give me the list of devices connected to the hearing aids and I cannot change between the 2 devices.
I’m sure this will be fixed.
Overall, it an updated, clean look. Uses green dots on icons to indicate streaming and when Speech Booster is enabled.
I will install on my iPhone.

My impression is this new app is down to be ready for the new Oticon Real aids.