New Oticon App

I got a new update. Now it says it’s compatible with Apple Watch.

3 Likes

Thank you I was getting ready to post that fact too.
They have done a good job on this new app for the Apple Watch, I can adjust the volume from the streaming from the TV adapter separately from the hearing aid microphone volume. And the new app for the watch is a lot more than just the simple remote it was with the ON app. I can see the hearing aids batteries level right from the watch face.

Could you tell me where you are getting updates such as the Apple Watch update? Do they come from Oticon or your Audi? If updates come from Oticon where can we sign up for them? Thanks.

They are in the apple app for iOS, you install the iPhone Oticon Companion app and as long as your watch is connected to the iPhone the app should install on the Watch.

Does anyone know if Companion is compatible with older Oticon Xceed? If I turn on/off the SoundBooster in the Companion wit my Xceeds, it does not switch on/off in the Oticon On. But if I turn on/off the SoundBooster in the Oticon On, it turns on/off in the Companion.

That I don’t know, I have the same issue with my More1 aids, but I rarely use the SoundBoost

The Apple Watch complication is much more useful showing the HAs battery level at a glance on then watch face. Seems to be an option only on some watch faces and then only in the corners

1 Like

Yes it is limited to certain Watch faces. But it is a nice addition. And I love the fact I can make adjustments to my TV Adapter volume and separately to my hearing aid microphone volume while watching TV and without having to dig my iPhone out.

1 Like

I mute my hearing aids (as well as change the volume) through my Apple Watch. It beats reaching for my iphone or the HAs themselves.

1 Like

Right, the Apple Watch complication works extremely well. As far as I can tell, the only thing you can’t do from the watch (for which you need the phone) is getting access to the equalizer function. I’m still amazed that Phonak has not made their HAs Apple integrated. I’m trialing both the Phonak Lumity P90-RT and Oticon Real 1 and the difference in how streaming / external HA microphones / watch integration / phone calls are handled is huge.

2 Likes

You’ve asked this question before and I said yes.

Why are you using both the old App and the new App? Doesn’t matter what happens in the old App when you switch things on/off in the new App.

1 Like

Ok. I was in complex situation now. And I tested both applications for SoundBooster. Both applications really turn on SpeechBooster. Previous Companion couldn’t turn the SpeechBooster for my Xceeds. Maybe because of it was beta, and now final version.

1 Like

I downloaded the new Companion app yesterday, but it appears that I actually have to have the app open and running on my phone in order to use my apple watch with my HAs. Is this correct?

1 Like

Yes this is correct, and it was the same way with the Oticon ON app. Most of the watch apps are only extensions of the iPhone app they don’t have the ability to work independently. Yes some of the native watch apps function independently of the iPhone but I haven’t seen many third party apps that have the same ability.

1 Like

@cvkemp thanks! I really only use one other third party app on my watch (a pedometer) and that one does not need to be open on the phone so I wasn’t aware that some do.

1 Like

It seems to me that Companion have more battery drainage (both for iPhone and hearing aids) and worst connection - it connects from zero after each iPhone screen unlocking. ON app have less battery drainage and better connection - it stays connected regardless of screen lock.

That is strange I am noticing just the opposite.

Chuck, does the companion app stay connected for you?
When i tried it on my android it closed each time I changed apps.
Oticon claimed they were working on it.

I have an iPhone and it mostly stays connected. I do have connectivity issues when I am using the TV Adapter and my aids are below 50% charge.

Thanks, Chuck.
I may try the app out tomorrow just to see.
I don’t use my TV Adapter. It just gathers dust.
My audio setup doesn’t allow it to work for me the way I want.
Have a great w/end!