New Oticon App

LOL. I trialed Phonaks, and by the time the app opened, it was too late to take action!

@flashb1024: What kind of action, :zap:Flash:zap:

Change program, adjust eq, check battery, etc, etc, etc.

@flashb1024: I didn’t realize there were time limitations on these things.

The problem is, when you open another app on your phone, the MyPhonak app closes!
The ON app runs in the background, and is readily accessible, for REAL. More or less!

1 Like

@flashb1024: :zap::zap::zap:Whooosh! Thank you for explaining that! (Has yew ben tooken lessens from MrV @Volusiano?)

1 Like

I read that as by the time the app opened their HA trial was over LOL

1 Like

With Signias it’s either changing programs, or changing directionality, less often volume.

I could teach that young un a ting er 2!!

TBH, I spent 3 months with those Phonaks!
The app and Phonak Auto (NON)sense drove me back to Oticonia!
I’d never make it as a Phonakian!

2 Likes

@flashb1024: Phonakites are a mean bunch, :zap:Flash:zap: … nasty. No - you definitely wouldn’t hold up in that tribe - you’re cut from finer cloth.

2 Likes

I got a new update. Now it says it’s compatible with Apple Watch.

3 Likes

Thank you I was getting ready to post that fact too.
They have done a good job on this new app for the Apple Watch, I can adjust the volume from the streaming from the TV adapter separately from the hearing aid microphone volume. And the new app for the watch is a lot more than just the simple remote it was with the ON app. I can see the hearing aids batteries level right from the watch face.

Could you tell me where you are getting updates such as the Apple Watch update? Do they come from Oticon or your Audi? If updates come from Oticon where can we sign up for them? Thanks.

They are in the apple app for iOS, you install the iPhone Oticon Companion app and as long as your watch is connected to the iPhone the app should install on the Watch.

Does anyone know if Companion is compatible with older Oticon Xceed? If I turn on/off the SoundBooster in the Companion wit my Xceeds, it does not switch on/off in the Oticon On. But if I turn on/off the SoundBooster in the Oticon On, it turns on/off in the Companion.

That I don’t know, I have the same issue with my More1 aids, but I rarely use the SoundBoost

The Apple Watch complication is much more useful showing the HAs battery level at a glance on then watch face. Seems to be an option only on some watch faces and then only in the corners

1 Like

Yes it is limited to certain Watch faces. But it is a nice addition. And I love the fact I can make adjustments to my TV Adapter volume and separately to my hearing aid microphone volume while watching TV and without having to dig my iPhone out.

1 Like

I mute my hearing aids (as well as change the volume) through my Apple Watch. It beats reaching for my iphone or the HAs themselves.

1 Like

Right, the Apple Watch complication works extremely well. As far as I can tell, the only thing you can’t do from the watch (for which you need the phone) is getting access to the equalizer function. I’m still amazed that Phonak has not made their HAs Apple integrated. I’m trialing both the Phonak Lumity P90-RT and Oticon Real 1 and the difference in how streaming / external HA microphones / watch integration / phone calls are handled is huge.

2 Likes