New Firmware Update for ReSound Quattro's

And 90% of baseball is half mental.

Yogi Berra again? Oh not enough digets on this post

OIC. I have a grandson living in Winchester

BTW, I have a new wrinkle in my Resound Preza’s. Twice tonight with 2 different people on Mgr I would get a loud sharp ping every time they sent me a post.

Not when I posted to them. It was quite annoying. Anyone else?

You’ve probably turned on notifications at some level through your HA’s. iOS or Android?

IOS. will check my notifications. Hope they soon correct the software that extemporaneous digits are not needed.

I have not changed anything in Smart 3D notifications. Sounds on:
Badges on:
Notification Grouping: automatic

If local Costco can’t help w/ call Apple as they have a special dept for Srs and Hearing aids. Then if not, then Resound. They have a very nice cust service dept and they are not far from me although makes no diff as it s done by phone.

Anita

Have you looked at your preferences for Hearing Tracker?

Select your forum name icon.
There select your name again.
Then select preferences.
Look for notifications.

Checked it out. Got nothing. BTW how does my audiogram know that I have Resound? I know electronics are smart and clever today but I got that audio gram from a different place not at Costco where I purchased Resound. Both audio grams were almost identical so I never changed it. Can that make a difference? I just don’t know.

Will call Costco tomorrow. Thanks for your input, I never realized that you could go into your Audiogram and get those links.

Have a good day, Anita

In that area check your email notifications too.
Hearing Tracker notifications, preferences and emails send things to your devices.

Understanding our devices is challenging. So many ways to be notified of things we really don’t want sometimes.

Good luck.

When you hear a ping from a Hearing Tracker post, you might examine your iOS notifications to see what app is causing the just current notification. Then perhaps you can manage notifications from the “offending” app as described in this article. I am busy with my family for the next few days and not likely to be of much other help. Good Luck!

Just an FYI that I visited my audiologist for my annual hearing test and hearing aid check today. After connecting up my Resound Quattro’s to his system, he received a prompt to upgrade the firmware. You will note from the attached photo that the latest version is now 1.20.1.0. He indicated that this was a major firmware upgrade and did include some improvements that related to how the hearing aids connect to each other and to my iPhone, etc. Maybe someone on this Forum can provide some further details of the improvements. Thank you Resound for continuing to push out improvements.

Jordan

2 Likes

I wonder if the Costco Preza has an available firmware update?

What improvements have you noticed since the update,if any?

Thanks! :+1: Me, too, thanks to your report! I updated Smart Fit to v1.11. On connecting, availability of HA firmware update announced. Update took at least 5 or 6 minutes and I ended up with firmware v1.20.1.0, too, whereas before the Smart 3D app had been perpetually telling me that I had the latest and great Quattro firmware at v1.0.45.

However you get the update be sure you go for it with adequate batteries or with the rechargeables charged up (I was at ~50%) in your HA’s!

Edit_Update: For my iPhone and iOS 14.6, I had to repair my Quattro’s first as MFi HA’s in Settings, Accessibility, Hearing Devices to regain smartphone control of the HA’s. Then after that, I had to repair the Quattro’s through the Smart 3D app (which I deleted and reinstalled but it didn’t fix my Smart 3D pairing problem until I did the following): I had a doctor’s appointment and rushed out the door for that without taking my charging case. Multiple times I tried to repair with the Smart 3D app just by turning the HA’s off via their buttons, then rebooting when the 3D app prompted by holding down the buttons. Never worked in several attempts (timing problem?!) but the button method had worked fine for repairing as MFi HA’s in iOS settings. When I got home, I rebooted the HA’s using the “remove from charging bays” method to reboot the HA’s and they paired up fine and straightaway with the Smart 3D app.

For Android 8 on my Galaxy Note 8, I didn’t have to do anything. When I turned off BT on the iPhone and turned BT on for the Note 8, the HA’s connected right away with the Smart 3D app. So perhaps whatever has changed with the firmware update matters most with the deep integration of MFi HA’s into iOS, requiring a repairing there (or perhaps my Android version is so old there is nothing to update in how the HA’s and Android phone communication).

Edit_Update02: Found out that I lost pairing to Phone Clip+, Multi Mic, and TV Streamer 2 with HA v.1.20.1.0 firmware update. Had to repair HA’s with each.

I was at v1.0.45 too until today’s visit. It took him a few times to load the update as it kept timing out on one of the hearing aids. I asked him if he ever gets info from Resound on what is in the updates. He said that they typically email him with the changes for major firmware updates like this one. They don’t bother for small updates. The only thing he could recall was that this update included a bunch of improvement for how the hearing aids communicate with each other and how both communicate with your mobile phone. He didn’t provide any more details but he asked me to let him know if I notice any improvements. Curious if any of the professionals on this forum have more details.

Jordan

2 Likes

Hi Jim, I am in a state of shock. Just talked with Resound Cust Serv. and he insisted that you are in Demo mode. Told the guy you are very knowledgeable about HA etc. He has been into this Forum and insisted I am in the latest mode. 1.0.45. He told me if you have any questions to call him. His name is Matt. His number is 800-882-3636.

The way I see it is that they do not want anybody to get in a bit early. Didn’t think to ask him how soon the new update will be available.

Going to call Costco and ask them if the latest update is available, the 1.20.1.0

Anita

The new version is definitely 1.20.1.0. The photo I posted was right from the audiologist’s update screen on his computer. I will say the hearing aids feel much better after the upgrade. Not sure what the heck they did but the new firmware is definitely an improvement.

Jordan

Anita, did the rep mean demo mode because of the version being 1.20.1.0? I’m on that version also, and if you look at this post from May in this thread, you’ll see I came from 1.18.1.0….

Yes, he insisted people on 1.20.1.0 are on Demo mode. Wish I knew there were so many of you on the new one. Don’t think my Costco Audi has it yet. Waiting for a call later to verify.