Need help with Costco aids

Hey guys and gals. Wondering if any of you have the new Jabra or Philips hearing aids and would be willing to part with them temporarily (we just need one day) to have them tested at the HearAdvisor lab in Illinois. We would be willing to pay return shipping and compensate you for your trouble. Please drop a comment or PM me if interested.

1 Like

I have a spare pair that are an extra pair that my mother uses. They have been used for about a year. I am taking them in to Costco in the next day or so to have them reprogrammed.

If these would help you out I can loan them to you for a few days.

Martin Cooney

Hopefully you’ll be testing the Philips 9040s, since you didn’t specify a model

Yes, that’s what we’re looking for :slight_smile:

Nice, what model specifically?

Hearlink 9030 MNR T R with medium receivers

Hey Martin, unfortunately those are the previous generation. I’m looking for the 9040 (RIC models) specifically. Thanks.

1 Like

What is the HearAdvisor lab?

My wife would kill me if I gave up my Jabras for even a few hours. :grinning:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that they had changed models since her previous purchase. She claims the new 9040s are much better. I thought it was placebo effect. I guess I need to pay more attention to what she says.

I have the resound Jabra Enhance Pro PM they are about a year old,

What is the testing all about?

Remember that there is a search functionality in the forum (the magnifying glass icon on the top right corner)

To learn more about HearAdvisor, read our whitepaper or watch our video. For you data heads, check out some radar plots

Thanks very much for the links. Much appreciated!

Abram, unless I’m misinterpreting the graphs - and I well may be - some of the OTC products got very impressive results, rivaling or exceeding traditional hearing aid brands. Sony in particular seems to have done very well in these tests. Am I getting that right?

This HearAdvisor deserves its own thread.

Yes, that’s right, but keep in mind Sony is made by a big 5 manufacturer and the target hearing loss (mild to mod) for HearAdvisor’s tests is something that OTCs can cope with. If we pushed beyond mild to mod we’d start to see the OTCs become less and less effective.