Naida lumity trials

hello,
I’ve been using Naidas paradise trials for a year now.

considering that they are a trial version, I got them for a good price. now i would like to try the naida lumia version but the ebay seller i bought the paradise from is no longer on ebay. I also asked some other dealers on ebay but no one has lumia trials so I was wondering if anyone here could suggest where I can find them?

so i am looking for naida lumia trials with replaceable 675 battery

2 Likes

Does Phonak really have “trial versions” that are different from their regular aids? I’m asking because Phonak’s software allows you to set up any aid in “trial mode,” with beeping when the trial has expired, etc. I haven’t tried it, but I’m wondering if “trial version” in an ebay listing maybe just means “barely used (for a trial).” I got my Audeo Lumity that way, and the listing said it was lightly used because someone brought it back after a trial, but it wasn’t sold as a “trial version.”

2 Likes

yes, there are trial versions different from regular aids.

in the trial versions of the hearing aids you have all classes unlocked - 30, 50, 70, 90. you choose which one you want. they are designed as hearing aids that you, as a customer, try out for a few weeks and then decide whether you want to buy the real version of the hearing aid you have been trying out (e.g. P30) or not.

trial versions start beeping after a certain period (6-8 weeks) and are useless to the end user, they have to reconnect to the target on the computer and extend the trial period again.

that’s why their price is much lower, but it suits me personally because that way I can follow the development of hearing aids as much as I can, I can’t afford to buy normal versions.

as for the ebay listings, they probably meant barely used since trial versions are different thing, as you noticed in software

1 Like

Maybe it’s regional because I have been trialing Phonak Lumity P90-UPs in the US and they are full featured except for the beeping that will start when the trial is up. If I didn’t want a different color my audiologist would have just unlocked these and let me keep them.

1 Like

sorry do you mean lumia L90 or paradise P90?

did you see how your audiologist unlocked them, in target or somewhere else as i don’t see any option in target to unlock them permanently?
my paradise have printed “naida trial” on case, what about yours? i have to connect them to target every 6-8 weeks when trial is up to reset trial period. they’re full featured too, but limited by 6-8 weeks trial period before beeping start.

i don’t think it’s regional as we all use the same target application… i purchased my paradise trials from UK and i live in EU

These are trial sets, you can set them for a maximum 6 weeks only.

i know, we talked about it a year ago when i purchased P90 trials :slight_smile:
also, now you can choose 8 weeks test period in target!

i know what i’m buying, i just don’t know where to find them :slight_smile:

Oh did we, I’ve forgotten, but 8 weeks sounds better.
Yeah I’ve seen them on the odd occasion, pretty cheap at that, I guess you’ll just have to set up a "saved " list in the eBay app, they should notify you when some get listed.

Interesting! Thanks for explaining. I guess if they’re cheaper, it’s not such a bad deal if you can reset the trial yourself in Target. But I’ve looked at a lot of Lumity listings on ebay, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a trial version. They’re not very common. And I don’t think I’ve seen a Naida Lumity listed at all, because they’re still pretty new.

1 Like

Yes, mine are Nadia Lumity, hence L90 as opposed to Paradise which are P90. Unlike yours mine are not branded trial and I believe they get unlocked using Target - I got the impression my fitter would have been able to do it remotely if I had wanted to keep these.

I have had trial aids from other brands that are just as you describe but for whatever reason that is not what I have for Phonak.

Could it be that with Lumity they are no longer doing specially branded trials?

Don’t know why it has to be Lumity, get the Paradise exactly the same thing,which should be easier to get as well.

I think OP already has the Paradise, though.

1 Like

I’m sorry but it seems you don’t pay attention at all, I would appreciate it you refrain from commenting

I’ve never ever seen trial versions listed, only by asking around

since they’re not branded “trial” it means you have regular 30-50-70-90 aids, it’s marked on your h. aids housing, it’s not trial version. I guess you got regular aids for trial :slight_smile:

I beg your pardon, you don’t make decisions on who can reply to your posts, you need to “pay more attention” to my reply, you don’t gain anything over the paradise you already have… simply put…

sorry but I’ll quote you :“Don’t know why it has to be Lumity, get the Paradise exactly the same thing,which should be easier to get as well.”

I clearly started in the first sentence of my post, I’m currently using paradise, yet you advice me to get paradise.

Ha yeah, but I’m saying your not gonna get get anything better then what you have, truth be told for some reason I thought you were looking for a back up pair! so by bad there, well I hope you can find what your looking for in the end.

1 Like

sorry I didn’t mean to be rude , maybe I wasn’t clear enough. I’m currently using P90 trials and I’m looking for naida L90 trials, I would appreciate even 10% gain considering my hearing loss

1 Like

I do beg to differ on there being no difference between Paradise and Lumity. I have trialed almost very Naida version including the Paradise and the Lumity was the first time in 20 years I have gone with the Phonak. Of course the programming is part of it but even the default programming we started with was better. Just a quick forum search shows many Paradise users happy with the Lumity improvements.

1 Like