Naida lumity trials

I belive you, that’s why I’m looking for L!

1 Like

Only some, but everyone is different, but my point I was trying to make is they’re the same under the skin, chip processors, Bluetooth etc in target software programming you get a choice of S/R or S/R 2 and Autosense 5 nothing else really, so it’s in the beholder ; )

You should wait for the next real platform release if you can, new architecture will make the real difference, for some reason Phonak is playing catch up.

well what’s the thing, I can’t afford current platform, that’s why I’m looking for trial versions. I could’ve only dream about P90 if it weren’t for trial version.

2 Likes

Oh I understand that part for sure, online used or Costco is the only way for a lot of us, I’ve brought a few from eBay over the years and DIY, this has given me very good results and have been very happy, I do have a few trial models as well, the Unitron flex trial, you may all ready know that these are the same as Phonak models, maybe you could find the equivalent to the Lumity from Unitron Flex trial?
@markoo355 has quite a bit of experience with these who could possibly help.

1 Like

The trial devices are not allowed to be resold, per the clinician’s agreement with the manufacturer. So it makes sense that they are harder to find. They’re all. . . well, stolen essentially.

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me, I mean I’ve seen these sets go for as low as $25! So really no money in it for some, I bought mine from a clinic that was liquidating the business, he was selling everything, including the desks, chairs and even the receptionists Polycom type of phone!

1 Like

well that explains a lot :confused:

Posts worldwide.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166544860141?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=VhAi519RQwa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=KUhnXMPcSoW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 Like

thanks, i know, they listed it for me. I ordered, so far they scammed me for shipping costs but I’ll solve it once I get the package and check it.

I had Paradise. Now have Lumity. They are definitely not the same. More like the difference in Tacoma and Tundra. Same family resemblance but one is definitely the big brother.

1 Like

Oh really, in what way are they different?

They say trial, why would Phonak even offer to change or reflash and then still leave the housing with “Trial” written all over it, i asked the eBay member how he knew the manufacturer (Phonak) had actually done this and to send the serial numbers to confirm (this could be checked in target)and his response was he just “guarantees permanent” and won’t disclose the numbers,so @nidjo you’ll be the first to try and see if this is genuine, would be fantastic if it’s true, but as you know you won’t be able to have them serviced by Phonak, but I guess your aware and not worried about that anyway.

reflash what, what are you talking about? I told you already I’m currently using paradise trials, and now I ordered lumity trials, I don’t expect them to be changed or flashed by phonak. I’m fine with trials.
yes, I’m aware I won’t be able to have them serviced by phonak and I’m fine by that too, thank you

The seller is claiming they are “not trial” models anymore,even tho they are clearly marked as such, and have been made “permanent” and will never be needing to be reset in target evey 6 or 8 weeks, he says the manufacturer has done this, so they would need to be “flashed” installing new firmware removing the custom ROM trial, I can’t see that happening that’s all, as I said before, it’ll be fantastic if this is the case.

Yep that’s right.

Didn’t you read his description, he’s told you he’s already had it done for you, so don’t worry nobody is expecting you to do this.

No problem I’m glad you’re ok with that, enjoy your Lumity, cheers

1 Like

they scammed me already for shipping costs so I’m not surprised they tell everyone what they want to hear.
I asked for trials specifically, I never expected aids to be reflashed to normal permanent aids, we’ll see when I receive them.

2 Likes

All good mate, I hope everything works out for you.

Agree @Don …IMO, The fundamental difference is overall clarity :grin: Especially in noise… Cheers Kev :wink:

I don’t know what trials would normally cost, but if they’re actually reflashed and are now regular aids that just happen to have ‘trial’ stamped on the side, they’re a steal at that price. That alone makes me skeptical of the seller’s claims, because if he’d done that, why would he sell them for so little? But if you can do it yourself in Target, then it’s a good deal for you either way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think they are the same in terms of hardware. The same chip, only the software that runs it is changed and upgraded. I even have a hunch that they make the same chip for 2 or 3 generations of hearing aids, the first version just has some features turned off and with the later version they just activate that feature like in Lumity focus on speech and the new Autosense which is actually a software upgrade. The reason is because they invest less if they produce 1 chip twice as much as two different chips for two or 3 generations of hearing aids.

The real change is when they present a new platform, where significant changes can be seen. As an example, he would cite Starkey Genesis, which they say they have been developing for 5 years. You understand then that before in those 5 years they were pushing the old platform with minor changes. now they will do it with the genesis series, which they will sell for the next few years with small changes with a new name, with good advertising in order to sell the new product again. To give the customer a reason that it is something new and revolutionary, which makes it worthwhile to upgrade to a newer version.

I’m not saying that Lumity is a bad hearing aid, my comment mostly applies when someone switches from, for example, Paradise to Lumity. If there is a big price difference between the two platforms Paradise and Lumity, then you are better off getting the older Paradise unless you don’t mind spending more money.

3 Likes