Mysterious beeps with my Phonak hearing aids

Anyone with Phonak Target and a Noahlink Wireless could reset the aids.
Do you happen to know anyone close that self programs aids?
What part of the country are you in?

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Long Island. Do most audiologists have that equipment?

1 Like

Your audiologist have to have this equipment and software to program your aids.
I was hoping a fellow member that programs phonaks might see this thread and offer to help.

It cannot be done remotely. They are demos. They are not supposed to work indefinitely. Just put them in a box and put your old hearing aids back in and wait until your audiologist is open for curbside drop off.

1 Like

You can obtain an owners manual online. You can either call phonak or email phonak with your questions. Not being judgemental but how do you trial something if you donā€™t know how they work?

This is not a problem covered in the manual, as it is intended to encourage the person trialing the aids bring them back to the office. The pandemic situation was not envisioned when they designed this feature. . My brilliant audiologist was able to fix it remotely.

2 Likes

Well. If thatā€™s the case I switch brands. Sounds like the car companies making it impossible to change a headlight.

Iā€™m using a demo now and have the three chimes, more frequently now than ever. Really irritating. Have an appointment with the audiologist next month. Sheā€™s out of town for the holiday.

How can I get the chiming to STOP?

1 Like

Your demo is over. Take them out and wait for your follow-up appointment.

1 Like

Yeah your time is up, that sucks that you now have no hearing if you stop using them, itā€™s unacceptable that you canā€™t get hold of your clinic to sort it out and this leaves you stranded
(how many weeks do you have to wait?) I wonder if remote support could do it for you? Another way is if you had the Noahlink wireless, you could then reset them yourself.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the descending chimes multiple times an hour. Have an appointment set for next month. Audiologist busy and out of town for the holidays. How do I get the irritating chiming to stop?

As mentioned the demo aids need to be reset in the programming software.
Itā€™s the only way.

Is it? What situation is a person in where they decide to demo rather than purchase?

Her audiologist apparently intended for the trial to continue at least until her upcoming appointment.

Or it was rescheduled, or they couldnā€™t book on within the time frame.

But still itā€™s unacceptable even if itā€™s the customer, why should they go without hearing?why should they be penalised like this, as in ā€œjust too badā€
They should be able to go into ANY audiologistā€™s clinic and have them reset, another week or two until their own audiologist is back from holidays.

They are not being penalized. The got a temporary free thing and now that free thing is over. What did they have prior to getting the free demo? Use that.

They arenā€™t going without hearing, theyā€™re just getting an irritating reminder. We donā€™t know whether itā€™s @Merylā€™s fault or the dispenserā€™s. But if dispensers using trial aids would routinely tell the client that the aids will start pinging on such-and-such date then thereā€™d be no surprises.

Yeah but you canā€™t realistically use them when their beeping like this, I donā€™t think itā€™s a case of blaming one or the other, I just think itā€™s unacceptable that you canā€™t get them reset until someone gets back from holiday, anyone should be able to help out here.

@Neville maybe they do have an older back up set, but what if they donā€™t, also what about remote support, can it be done? as that would be helpful.

What IF they donā€™t? Itā€™s not the responsibility of the audiologist to ensure someone has unlimited free back-ups.