MyPhonak App - renamed programs revert to original

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

For example if I rename “Automatic” to “Auto” after a day or two it changes itself back to “Automatic”. See example pics below.

I’ve had this issue for years now.

Latest app version (has been happening over many versions).

Latest IOS version (has been happening over many versions).

Lumity 90RL

I use a Roger On and connect to a music app and listen via BT etc.

Called Phonak - they don’t have a clue.

Nothing much on this board about it that I could find.

Curious if others have had this issue?

Some features in the app can only be permanently changed by your audiologist. That’s what my audiologist told me.

Jordan

6 Likes

As far as I know, you can not change the original programs from the app. That has to be done in the Target software. You can, however, adjust one, and then save as a new programme, which can only be accessed from the app.

3 Likes

Ty Jordan and Peter.

I am referring to simply the ability to rename an existing program as can be done within MyPhonak…

@platypus

Mine only gives me the “save as new” on the programmes set up in Target. I can amend those that are only in the App, like Restaurant though.

1 Like

At least on what I’m seeing MyPhonak app gives me the option to rename existing programs here…

Devices/Hearing Aid Programs/choose a program like Automatic/type in a new name and click Save.

If I rename Automatic to “A” it appears on the Main screen like this…

1 Like

The problem is that, randomly, the “A” reverts back to “Automatic”. That is what I’m asking if others have experienced as well. Seems like a bug in the software to me.

I did that; used the saved program and rechargeable battery life was attrocious. I had to recharge my hearing aids mid-day.
DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

I guess it was something like a constant bluetooth connection.

To be honest, if a main program needs adjusting, I either reprogramme it myself (Marvel), or get my Audiologist to made adjustments (Paradise). I generally only check the app to see what programme I’m in

PeterH

I haven’t had this problem. A few weeks ago I replaced the original names on all of the preset programs to icons and they have stuck. The only one I didn’t modify was the Automatic one, but I may change that to just A - this way I’d be able to see all of them at once.

2 Likes

Oh - that’s a brilliant idea. I just did the same. Hope the icons persist. Thank you for that suggestion.

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad it helped.
I like your ATM icon, thank you for this suggestion :slight_smile:

Here we are the very next day and sadly those changes have all been lost.

Hi,
Came across this thread researching the same or similar issue. My audiologist set up 3 custom programs for me in addition to Autosense. Theses custom programs are in addition to 3 other “standard programs- Restaurant, Music and TV”. I’m able to scroll through the first 4 programs with a 2 second hold on the “down” button on my left aid. Very handy if I don’t have my phone with me like when I’m out running, The issue I’m having is the app has twice not retained the names and reverts back to calling all of them “calm sitution”. I figured out how to modify the names myself and “saved” them. The next morning the custom names were gone. Not sure why the app is not retaining the names. Going to see my audiologist next week but happy to figure this out myself if I can…

2 Likes

The latest myPhonak App Version 6.8.0.1760 appears NOT to have fixed this bug.

Modified icons for the standard built in programs such as Automatic DO NOT persist over time - at least not for me.

Phonak Lumity Life
RogerIn
iPhone 15 Pro
myPhonak app latest version.

2 Likes

Can you borrow an Android phone and try renaming the programs on Android? Maybe this issue happens only on iOS version.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but no.

Did that with my Samsung phone, but I left some text in the description, and after one day, turning thing off and on, the icons are still there.

1 Like

I’ll try that and report back. Thank you for the suggestion.

Curious if you had found a solution. I’ve experienced a similar issue. No matter how many times I “name” the custom programs they (3 of them) revert back to “calm situation” which seems to be the default. I’d given up on this until I saw your post and just renamed them again. I rarely use the custom programs so not too big a deal and its been so long I’d have to look at my notes to recall what each custom program was for.

1 Like