MyPhonak App - renamed programs revert to original

Nope, all revert back at some random point a few hours or day or so.

1 Like

@PeterH

Here is where you can rename programs.

@platypus

My renaming of programs have stuck on my P30 and P70 even when I turn Aids off or iPhone. The App still has them.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. As mentioned, myPhonak will OVERRIDE that request for a new name. So the real question here is WHY does myPhonak tease us into thinking we can actually rename a program set up by the audi?

And yes, I had that exact issue and glared in disbelief at the app! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

You must have a quirk in there, I had to do an adjustment at my Audi last week, and all the programs were still there and its icons to afterwards. Still ok today.

1 Like

Mine does it, too. I’ve never been able to figure out why.

1 Like

I think I might’ve said this in an earlier post but just FYI, I have contacted Phonak Support several times on this issue. They claim not being able to replicate it and that no other customers worldwide have raised the issue with them.

If others are having a similar experience please contact Support and register the issue with them.

2 Likes

I think it depends what’s altered in Target as to whether the user programmes are deleted.

Last week, I made new additional programmes in Target, with custom names. I tried this with both linked and unlinked programmes. None of the revised names appeared in the app. I tried this with both Marvel & Paradise.

I just looked and all my custom programs are back to “calm situation”. I too contacted Phonak after seeing my audi. Their instructions for renaming programs did not resolve the glitch.

I changed a couple of mine to emojis, and they’re still emojis this morning, so maybe that works?

It seems to depend on how the programs were created. I could never get renaming to ‘stick’ for programs I created in Target, but I never had that problem for programs created in the app. I used the app to create a variant of the Music program that I named Car Radio, and that name never disappeared. But I had to use Target to manually create a program with max noise cancellation, because not all of those settings can be changed in the app. That one never stayed renamed, no matter what I did.

I had issues with the wax guards on my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s. So did a number of people here.
I sat next to my dispensing audi when he called Phonak Canada. They responded exactly as you stated. There had been no other complaints. I was the first in the world. Clearly there was no problem.

I have been greatly reassured that Phonak has introduced Receiver 5.0 that will solve this problem, Truly.
I found the announcement on this forum by some one from Phonak.

This is so weird! I changed it to emojis and the new name stuck for two days, which is longer than I ever remembered it doing before, when I’d used normal text. I thought maybe they’d fixed the issue, so I changed the name to a normal word. It reverted to ‘Calm Situation’ within an hour. I changed it back to emojis, so I guess I’ll just see how long that lasts.

1 Like