MyPhonak app - mute not working

I’ve the MyPhonak app installed In my cell phone . I think it’s a bit clutzy, but wonder if anyone can help me its mute function. When I’m on the Volume page there’s a mute icon shown on the bottom left of the page. I click on it and the volume reduces, but does not mute.

I slide the volume button to the bottom of the page thinking that might mute the volume. It doesn’t. Any ideas?

Hm no. I can only say that it definitely mutes them for me. Try to unpair them completely (so bt and bt le) and repair and check then. Sometimes that ‘did you turn it on and off again’ really works :joy:

Like @Blacky suggested, try to unpair & repair the aids, and do restart your phone.
If all fails, uninstall & re install the MyPhonak app.
You should have your Audi enable mute function on your HA’s, as well.

1 Like

I saw it only for button setup, didn’t saw anywhere else. I don’t have mute setup there and I still can mute them through the app.

Are you sure it isn’t muting the mics and you are just hearing the sounds coming into your ears around the domes or ear molds. I can still hear a load d sounds with my aids muted. But I cannot fully understand what is said, and don’t fully recognize the source of the sounds.

2 Likes

I saw it only for button setup, didn’t saw anywhere else. I don’t have mute setup there and I still can mute them through the app.

Right, the multifunction buttons on the HA’s can have mute enabled thru Target.
Still works on app, too.

Good point, if he is reducing the volume to minimum with the sliders, he’s definitely picking up extraneous sound.

1 Like