My visit with a new audiologist who recommended Oticon hearing aids

New Audiologist testing was headset, word recognition usual tones with masking. No real advanced testing. Recommended Octicon. 4 levels. One no cost to me, three more levels $1200, $1500 and $2500. Recommended at least $1500 level for voice recognition and noise reduction.
She provided no model number or free trails. When I emailed post visit was told no free trails and still provided me with no model numbers. Confused more than ever. Higher level available at my old go to Costco for same price. ($1500) My insurance covers free molds and free batteries. What do I have to loose with no cost to me? Hard to contact this Audiologist since she appears to be only one in practice.

I have replied to this already in your duplicate post in another topic.

Oticon hearing aids come in 3 technology tiers, not 4…

1 Like

When you refer to “Costco for same price ($1500)” you are referring to last years model Kirkland Signature 9 (aka KS9). They modeled very closely to the Phonak Marvel M90 HAs. If you go in to Costco today you will find that the KS9 has been upgraded this year to the KS10.0 which models very closely to the Phonak Paradise P90-RT (rechargeable) and the price has been reduced $100 to $1399. For several years now, Costco has been upgrading and improving the Kirkland Signature HAs every year and each year they are dropping the price $100. I had the KS9s for 5 months and 29 days and then turned them back in for the KS10s which I have had now for about 3 weeks. The KS9s were great! The KS10.0s are even better. Go for Costco. EDIT: I did trial the Oticon More 1 for about 2 weeks during the time I had the KS9s. I found the Oticon More to be very good but they just weren’t the wow that would prompt me to spend another $4,000. Also, I’m an Android smartphone user and the Oticon’s with Apple (I paired to my wifes iPhone 12 to test) didn’t perform as well when taking calls.

Hi, friend, I am also super interested in getting a KS10 hearing aids.

But I’m wondering what’s Costco’s return and warranty policy because I cannot find it on Costco website. I saw you said that you returned the KS9 after 5 months and 29days, so I assume they have a 6 months free return policy at least? Could you give me more details?

I will really appreciate it.

Costco return policy is full refund if returned within 6 months. The warranty is 3 years plus a bonus 2 additional years if you use the Cosrco Visa card for your purchase. Fittings, cleanings and follow ups are free for as long as you own the HAs. Repairs follow the warranty.

1 Like

I have used Costco for years now. My new Medicare advantage plan pays for hearing aids at 1250 an aid. For the first time I went to a private audiologists since that is what insurance requires. She recommended Octicon More series from 1 thru 3 at a cost to me from 1250 to 2500. I was confused and felt I would just go back to Costco. I called her and ask what aid was no cost to me. She said the Octicon Ruby 2. I looked up the specs and they are much better than what I have now. So I ordered them. My insurance pays for free molds, batteries , cleanings etc. To good to be true. Update in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Referring to this years K10s. Quite the value for premium hearing aids. Both Costcos I visit are not busy due to pandemic. No waiting for appointments at this time.

1 Like

@25Firefighter: Because the More3s I eventually got on March 2nd were so new (and no information available on the internet), I was on the verge of ordering the Oticon Ruby instruments myself. I had checked the specs, and - like you - I was impressed.

I’m a loyal Oticonian … the OpenSound concept works great for me. I sincerely wish you as much success and happiness with the performance of your devices as I have with mine. Hearing instruments that do the job are a blessing.

[And, BTW, Thank you for your service!]

1 Like