My Phonak Sphere Infinio I90 vs Lumity L90 Shootout

I always wear a head band when cycling. The only thing that works for me. Phonaks wind block even with its strongest setting doesn’t do the job.

4 Likes

@JordanK - your real world review of the Sphere is one of the best threads on Hearing Tracker - please keep it up.
I currently have Lumity 90 - that I only bought a few months ago - before the first mention of Sphere.
I will probably stay with the Lumity until the price of the Sphere begins to drop - might even wait for the next generation when they might integrate both chips - and further improve battery life for Spheric use.
Hope your positive experience continues, and gets even better with fine tuning.
Envious best regards, Mike.

5 Likes

Quite a statement. Personally I’ve only had guitar tuning issues, when Target defaulted with SoundRecover2 enabled.
Peter

3 Likes

My guitar is a limited edition Larrivée all mahogany, 12 fret, small body guitar. Very special guitar that just sings when played.

I also own a matching all mahogany Larrivée tobacco sunburst electric. These are the only guitars I still own and despite the frustrations with my hearing loss, won’t ever sell. I may just repeat the Sphere music test with my electric connected to an amp. Stay tuned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jordan

6 Likes

Yes my HA is infinio sphere . I don’t know why my app doesn’t show spheric program

Your Audiologist needs to add it as an additional programme

2 Likes

Those Larrivees are both beautiful guitars. If you were only gonna keep two, I can see why you chose those two. Love the P90’s! I have about 70 guitars (yeah, I may have a little bit of a problem, lol). I really need to sell off most of them, if I can ever find the extra time to do so. I’ve been playing 52 years, and used to be pro back in the '80s, then later owned a guitar store for a few years. My Oticon More HAs don’t sound very musical, which is one reason I don’t play as much as I used to. I’m hoping the Phonak Spheres are better in that regard. My old Phonak Marvel 90s definitely sounded better for playing guitar than the Oticons, but the Marvels are getting pretty old and outdated.

3 Likes

Sphere and deepsound chip will not make your music better for listening because they are not intended for that. Those with an Ai chip dampen noise to highlight speech for better understanding. And I’m afraid that no AI chip will make music natural even in the future, because that’s not their purpose.

We have damaged hairs in the cochlea. there are about 10,000 of them and each of these hairs is like the keys of a piano. If some are destroyed, the song will not be the same. With hearing aids, we throw out irrelevant sound in order to emphasize the sound of speech and make the sound pleasant, but this does not mean that it will be the same as the natural ear.

I wouldn’t give up if I were you, I just think that you should try to make a program for music with an audiologist, play with the settings to make the music sound better Or for music have some other hearing aid like Widex that musicians like. Widex has some things better in terms of natural sound, but that doesn’t mean it’s better for understanding speech. it all has its advantages and disadvantages.

4 Likes

In the past I have read these articles:

I think it is somewhat basic, but the information is all highly organized.

4 Likes

Very interesting articles, thank you.

I wonder if the thinking has been embedded in the HA formulas used by the major players…

2 Likes

I doubt it, they have been ignorant of the situation for music for a long time now.

4 Likes

The Target default fitting would agree with you. U think the wording shouldn’t be “music”, maybe something like “flat”

1 Like

Jordan, some people have had luck with wind noise by using little cloth covers. Have you heard of that?

1 Like

My Brother uses a very light material as a John McEnroe style sweatband to mute rubbung hair and gusty wind.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
with PHONAK Sphere supporting Auracast,
is it possible to switch to the phone’s internal microphone during voice calls?
Is it stable in operation?

the phonak HA’s Mic is very poor in noisy situation…

Thank you!

Jack

Here’s another personal experience, along with a cool video: Jaysee Soto on LinkedIn: #firefighter #fire #firstresponders #pediatrics #aquietplace #trainingcamp

2 Likes

The Sphere hearing aids don’t currently support Bluetooth LE Audio and/or Auracast. Phonak is supposed to push out a firmware update in the future to enable LE Audio and Auracast but no date has been provided. Not sure if this will support the phone’s internal microphone. Maybe someone else can comment.

Jordan

2 Likes

with so treasury info,many thanks for Jordan !!
Jack

1 Like

Jordan and all others that are having trouble with wind noise try this site …
I used to have to wear covers before I started wearing Resound HA’s [Protective Covers, Sleeves & Clips for Hearing Aids & Implants (gearforears.com)

2 Likes

I off to my audiologist appointment in 30 minutes and I’m going to ask him. I think a thin headband might be better when wearing a bicycle helmet with sunglasses. I’m also thinking the Sphere’s may be a bit too big for these Ear Gear covers. I will post on update after I get back from my appointment.

Jordan

2 Likes