My Journey to CI

Hello my name is arslan and am 28 years. Its been one month since i logged hearingtracker. Finally i will be having right ci surgery on monday. I will get medel rondo 3 with sonata 2 implant. Time seem to be passing slow i want hurry and get surgery right now oops i got excited i must calm down and relax and so wish me a success and good sugery… thank you. I will try to keep update to u how my life goes after surgery…

6 Likes

Best wishes! Let us know how you get on!

WH

1 Like

Good luck to you @NatsuDrage on your new hearing journey.

1 Like

Thank u everyone my surgery been a success and am resting home

5 Likes

Wonderful news. Take care of yourself for a few days and rest.

When is your activation day Arslan?

3 Likes

Congratulations.
How are you feeling?
When is the CI activation?

2 Likes

I wish you all the best as you recover and await activation. I know I would be anxious to see (hear) how it works!

WH

1 Like

Thank u and my activation will be in one month

2 Likes

I am feeling good and better. Activation will be in a month

2 Likes

Yeah i am also anxious as well as excited about its function . I am hopeful about it . I will surely update regarding this

3 Likes

Hello everyone i got CI and activated. I hear my own voice and dad too. Other noise is crackle and echo is it normal for first time?

Congratulations.
Pops and crackles were very normal for me the first 2-3 weeks. At 3 weeks the lower frequencies started to sound a little better. From there things really improved quickly.

Good luck, your CI is working.
Do your rehabilitation every day. It will pay off.

2 Likes

Thank You. As for rehabilitation its my first time so i dont know what do to and wht i shld do?

Try streaming podcasts to your CI ear despite fact you will don’t understand anything for a quite of time (at least several month, but it is individual).

Decrease the speed of podcasts/videos (I’ve even set it to 0.6x in Spotify). Try different voices—lower-pitched men’s voices and higher-pitched women’s voices. Remember the difference in audibility, or take note and discuss it during the next fitting appointment.

Be patient and persistent in listening, ideally for several hours each day…

You don’t have to always actively listen. It can be played in the background, e.g. when you walk, but make sure it doesn’t affect your safety on the pavement/road.

1 Like

You got your right side implanted. Can you hear with your left ear? The reason I ask is your new CI needs to be the only ear hearing sound. If the other ear hears sound the brain will use that ear rather than your new CI.

Everyone learns in different ways. This forum has a number of CI members who have described their rehabilitation in detail. This can help you a lot. Check out the Cochlear Implant section of the forum for much more help.

Your CI can be frustrating at first. Hang in there and don’t give up.

2 Likes

my both ear pretty much deaf as u can see my audiogram there. i wore heaing aid since i was 4 age i will see the rehabilitation there in forum thank u and i wont give up as i desire to hear and understanding more.

4 Likes