Much difference between OPN 1 vs OPN 2?

Can a distibutor change the written warranty of a manufacturer?

With the warranty coming from the manufacturer, I don’t see how it could. There are rebanded hearing aids that can carry different/proprietary status but they also come with a different branding. I guess a provider could claim something that isn’t actually correct.

I don’t think the distributor can change the manufacturer’s warranty, but one should read the manufacturer’s warranty carefully. I just looked at Phonak’s and it specifically mentions that it does not cover any services provided by the seller. I know in other businesses I’ve dealt with (non hearing aid), it is not unusual for the business to charge shipping charges to return an item back to the manufacturer for warranty work.

There is no mention of warranty terms on Resound website

Age 52.

Some dificult earing from left and harder from right.

Teacher. Hard to understand.

Noisy and confusion envioroments.

First time hearing aid.

I even dont know if one or two earr aids.

OPN1??? Or OPN 2 will be enough??? Two OPN 1 costs 20% more!!!

I read your advices, thank you.

Any sugestion more I would be grate.

Since you said that you need HAs for noisy and confusing environments, and the OPN 1 only costs 20% more, I’d suggest the OPN 1 (it has more noise reduction capability).

Are you talking about the original OPN or the more current OPN S now?

You’re not showing your audiogram so we have no idea how bad your hearing loss is. This factors into suggestions, especially if the loss is not asymmetrical between the 2 ears.

1 Like

Thank You for your quick answer.

I Went to audiologist 5 days ago - Acustica Médica ---- in Portugal.

I Think they were talking about the NEW ones!!! 16 channels …!!!
THEY SAID NEWEST TECHNOLOGY!!!

But I don´t know S mening!!!

I´lll show the audiogram.

CAN YOU SEE IT???

A can´t upload documents…

Thank you again … It costs a lot of money . I want a good article but something thats is really necessary!

OTICON

Sterilizer, charger, life time…

3 year warranty

Insure

All three options OPN 1, 2 ou 3

Thank You for your quick answer.

I Went to audiologist 5 days ago - Acustica Médica ---- in Portugal.

I Think they were talking about the NEW ones!!! 16 channels …!!!
THEY SAID NEWEST TECHNOLOGY!!!

But I don´t know S mening!!!

I´lll show the audiogram.

CAN YOU SEE IT???

A can´t upload documents…

Thank you again … It costs a lot of money . I want a good article but something thats is really necessary!

You can add your audiogram manually in your profile settings. This way, anyone can just click on your avatar (which has a little headphones icon with it) to review your audiogram from any thread. If not sure how, do a search on the forum for instruction.

You do have significant loss on your left ear as well on the high frequencies after 1.5 KHz. I would want to buy hearing aids for both ears if I were you.

The original Oticon OPN came out in 2016. Then in 2019 the Oticon OPN S came out. It has a new technology to help primarily with feedback prevention called Opensound Optimizer that the original OPN doesn’t have. It doesn’t hurt to get confirmation from your hearing care provider that this is the OPN S technology and not the original OPN. Don’t assume anything.

If you’re a teacher and deal with noisy environments all day long, I would recommend the OPN S1 over the OPN S2, even if it costs 20% more. The OPN S1 has maximum noise removal capability (of up to 9 dB) while the OPN S2 only has medium noise removal capability of up to 5 dB only. This can make a difference in understanding speech better in a noisy environment.

If you were a retired person not spending too much time in noisy places everyday, then the OPN S2 or even the OPN S3 would probably suffice for your need.

2 Likes

I agree with volusiano, go for opn 1 given your needs and definitely go with two HAs. Getting help in both ears will help brain to get better comprehension.

2 Likes