Moisture issues with Phonak Naida Paradise P90

What about trying Stay Dri / Dry tubing?

1 Like

Thanks Zebras for reply. I’ve never heard of Stay Dry tubing. I’m relying on Audi and Phonak to come up with solutions for my continual problem. Which unfortunately hasn’t worked out.

So is Stay Dry tubing an upgrade over standard soft plastic tubing. And if so - is it especially designed to address moisture tube collection?

Yea - I also “googled” it. Can I ask have you personally used this tubing or just suggesting it f as an option? I think its certainly worth a try and not that expensive. Such a better option than switching ear mold material since I believe silicone molds are preferred over acrylic for those with a severe to profound hearing loss. Plus if I don switch to acrylic I believe I still stuck with tubing connection.

OK - thanks for info. I was pushed towards silicone molds to reduce chance of feedback, but rarely had such issues when I wore full shell acrylic molds. But of course I never had an aid as powerful as the Niada Paradise P90. Since using silicone ear molds I do feel my ears (or ear canal) is a touch warmer vs. using acrylic.

1 Like

There has to be a common denominator somewhere, as to where this extra moisture is coming from, it appears that it must be from you, but it’s a one sided issue, by happening in only one aid, and not the other, therefore logic says you have too much moisture in the offending ear/aid? Thinking back, the only time I have had any excessive moisture in my aids, apart from extreme heat, and from exertion, was an ear infection, probably caused through an allergic reaction to my molds, I rarely get this now, as I now exclusively use hypoallergenic molds, if I recall correctly, in most instances only one side would become infected, it was extremely rare for both, it was nearly always my right ear that would become infected, to the point of having a runny ear, and me having to blow out the tubing on a regular basis to get rid of excessive moisture…… So a swap to acrylic might indeed prove beneficial, although if it persists even after the new acrylic molds, then request hypoallergenic ones! You could have an allergy to your ear molds? It is fairly common! But, as ever YMMV……

1 Like

I’m coming to this thread very late but just want to say that my experience with my Naidas is almost identical to Steve’s and after 4 years of constant moisture problems I’m throwing in the towel and will try the Lumitys.