Media sound quality for Signia Pure Charge and Go IX

The Signia IX hearing aids are new to me since I’ve moved on to a crossover device. The media and phone calls I stream thru bluetooth for my Galaxy S21 and my Streamline TV box sound awful. Can I adjust the EQ? So far I haven’t found a way and the hearing aids seem to override the EQ on my devices. The issue isn’t only my hearing. The previous brand of hearing aids I used was capable of adapting to media, and I have headphones and ear buds that sound perfectly fine. It’s disappointing to think with a new brand of hearing aids I’ll have to take them out and switch to headphones

I used to have Signias and I can totally relate with the absolutely horrible streaming quality (even with custom molds and all). Moved to Phonak and everything’s pretty good.

if you have noahlink and the software you can change the EQ.

I also test Signia and I am waiting for my custom molds and will do the same

it’s because of your audiologist, they don’t give a shit about other settings they can make.
the software permits you to configure everything

1 Like

@DVH go to your audiologist and ask him to setup the eq.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1CXXusDeG50&ved=2ahUKEwiGmoyIivODAxXb7bsIHcCTDpMQwqsBegQIDxAG&usg=AOvVaw0MK9FBFAqjJn4uxuBQ1cV3

Depending on your hearing loss Signia’s fitting software might cut the lower frequencies off [meaning bass], and yes it affects streaming. The equalizer for streaming is available in the fitting software only [which is dumb imho].
There are definitely Android EQs working with Signias because I’ve used one, it all depends on what kind of phone you have. Here’s one:

and you can setup the MUSIC program as you wish

Same for me. Compared to a pair of old phonak Audeo Paradise P90 i have as reserves the streaming quality is horrible……

You guys need to be a more verbose about your perceptions and expectations.

nice app to play with

I didn’t have the chance to play with it, do you think it can improve for real?

Each program can be individually adjusted

1 Like

doesnt seem to have many signia users around, a feedback would be very welcomed

Always thought they could rename this place the phonak forum.

1 Like

or Oticon , good one hahaha :joy::joy::joy:
at least Oticon is better :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have Signia AX 7s. these come with a Musician program already installed. I had to tweak it in order to make it work–that his, turn off more programs, some of which had been turned down. That wasn’t enough, they had to be OFF. Now I like them very much. I listen to live music in that program and also in the Live Music program. the latter sounds fine without having any adjustments made. YMMV.

–best. I had to arm wrestle with my audi about properly adjusting tje Musician program. She called the Signia audi and this last also resisted doing what I asked. but I’[d brought in two pdfs by reputable experts on setting up HAs for music and that did the trick.

1 Like

I am also interested in that tweak, please.
do you mind to share those PDF files?
thanks

https://musicandhearingaids.org/

2 Likes

There’s plenty of us, the thing is, because we don’t have all the other issues/ problems that others get, there’s not much to discuss ; )

Yeah they have the most issues/problems so they have plenty to moan about!

interesting :grin::heart_eyes:
I can’t wait for those mold to start playing