MacOS Sonoma (M2+ chips and some M1) and Made for iPhone connection

Hello,

I wanted to create an updated thread now the MacOS Sonoma OS has been released and there was a similar thread that had a long history. I emailed accessibility@apple.com as while I was able to connect my bimodal Resound ONE and Cochlear Kanso 2 as a remote control (in MacOS settings in my MacBook Pro M1 Pro chip), I was not able to stream audio.

I was asked by accessibility@apple.com to provide logs and am waiting to hear back.

I’m curious about bimodal compatibility with newer Resound hearing aids and the Cochlear N8, which doesn’t appear to be listed on the website with asterisks for compatibility.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255331216?sortBy=best

Compatible devices listed: List of Made for iPhone hearing devices - Apple Support

Patrick

What’s the question exactly? Apple doesn’t really support Bimodal setups well. The N8 may or may not sometime in the near or far future receive a firmware update to allow Bidirectional streaming… if they’re wanting logs, they’re basically pulling your legs at this point imo since they know all too well neither Cochlear or MedEl CI devices are supported by Sonoma.

The better question for apples accessibility team is when will they be opening up the ability for hearing devices to connect to Sonoma without requiring Bidirectional streaming function that makes no sense imo. That’ll open things up for every HA and CI users. At that point, it comes down to needing an updated Mac.

no, you can’t use bimodal on macos, it requires a bidirectional communication protocol… the bimodal setting (when you link them for MFI in custom sound pro software) disable the bidirectional protocol on the hearing aid side of thing to remain compatible with with the older bimodal non bidirectional protocol on CI side of things.

1 Like