Lumity switching off

Hi I have the Phonax lumity hearing aids, I have read that when they are put in the charger they turn off, mine don’t seem to be doing this, anyone with these can you confirm that it should.

Is the charger plugged into a power source that is on - if not the aids won’t turn off automatically

I think this can be changed in the software, you can have automatically or manually I believe, @Zebras @kevels55 could confirm.

1 Like

The App can change it I believe.

1 Like

Hi in the app, you can change to automatically come on when removed from the box, which was set. So they just are not turning off.

1 Like

Hi yes, I leave it on all the time.

Ok thanks I will look at the app, and let you know

What makes you think they stay on? They stay active with respect to Bluetooth while charging even though they are not acting like a hearing aid amplifying sound. When you take them out of the charger they can turn off completely or activate fully on, depending on what your HCP or what is set in your app.

If you think they are amplifying sound (you hear feedback or something?) then I’d say something is wrong.

WH

2 Likes

I also have Phonak Lumity Life aids. I was told that you can drop them into the charger left ON, or turn them OFF manually and drop them into the charger. No matter which method I employ, one pair of aids come ON automatically, the other do not, cuz I wanted to see how that option worked.

I.e., is it easier to just pull the aids out of the charger, put them in and they’re already on, or would I prefer to turn them on when I want to (cuz I hate that screeching feedback when they come on too fast).

So either way, you can drop them into the charger left ON or turned OFF. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, a lot of good advice there.

There is a setting in Target that prevents Phonaks from switching on automatically after you remove them from the charger. I believe you can even set a fixed delay before they automatically restart.

2 Likes

An issue is what happens if you lose power to the charger. I have my HA set so that they turn off when they are removed or if the power is lost. That way they don’t drain if the power is lost, and there’s no squealing when I put them in. After they’re in, I turn them on.

1 Like

Hi yes that’s my problem they are not turning off when removed

In the app select the middle icon at the bottom.

Then select the auto-on item:

Then turn off auto-on:

WH

1 Like

Hi
WH I have that, to switch on, but should they automatically switch off when placed in the charger, or do i have to manually turn them off.
Thanks for taking the time to respond

They will show up in the app so you can tell how charged they are, but they should not be amplifying sound. They are in a charge state, not an “on” state.

WH

Oh thanks, did not realise this, appreciate the advice.

Thanks everyone for your time to answer, one last question please, what does the microphone symbol on the app do.

Mute the Aids or another way to say, stopping background noise. Try it.

1 Like

Will do thanks , did not realise that