Lumity switching off

YES! I have that set up in Target (by my audi) for just one pair of aids. So when I take those out of the charging base, I have to manually turn them ON.

My backup pair has not been programmed to stay OFF after I remove them from the charging base, so they automatically go ON the minute I lift them out of the base.

I had these two pairs of aids programmed differently months ago as an “experiment” cuz it seemed that either pair would sometimes go ON inside the charging base, screeching away (heard only by my poor hubs!) while I blissfully slept thru the noise.

Weirdly, I haven’t had that happen in either pair in MONTHS. So I should just get them both back to a single setting. Maybe I hadn’t been seating them properly in the charging base? I know I always give them a little WIGGLE when I seat them. But honestly, there are mysteries in this universe that I’ll simply never resolve. :thinking:

Thanks for this information, good to know

I previously had Phonak Marvel and those hearing aids kept the Bluetooth active while in the charger (could access the battery charge level). I picked up Phonak Lumity life HAs with the Charger Case Goa couple of months back, the Lumity’s turn off while in the charger (I cannot see the state of charge). BTW I like these HAs, tried Starkey Genesis before the Phonak’s, very good sound with no noise. Did not work reliably on Bluetooth or in noisy environments.

the power went out twice for me, and I saw that the battery in the hearing aid drained significantly because the power was out almost all night.

I still use that auto-off option when we put it on the charger. I realized that this is better for the reason that the button wears out the least. If you keep pressing the button, it loses its capabilities and over time it is necessary to replace the button.
Since I bought the hearing aids through ebay. I want to avoid repair if possible.

Thanks everyone for all the good feedback

That would imply that you shouldn’t use the down button to change the amplification, but only the app–ugh! What actually is the probability of that button wearing out?

Let’s say that the button can withstand pressure 10,000 times. I mentioned this as a benchmark. I’m not saying that i should stop using it, but that i should keep it to a minimum. I don’t use it to amplify it because it’s always at the same volume. But I use to switch the sound balance to 100% stream sound when using bluetooth. I looked for an option in Phonak Target to make it the default, but without success. that tweak option is hidden somewhere

On old phonak hearing aids, the button would harden because sweat or some moisture would get in between and the button is no longer usable. On the new hearing aids, I see that they are more resistant. But I also have to mention that it’s practical to take it from the charger, I’m a bit lazy to wait 3 seconds to turn it on :smiley:

Don’t you just need to unclick the tick button that mentions Mic in it, where you can also attenuate the Mics? Can’t remember exact wording.

This will only work for Media Speech and Media Music, won’t work for Phone Calls.

2 Likes

@markoo355 , @Zebras
Yes, that’s correct. You can do it here:

4 Likes

You selected “Media speech & mic” below, does that mean it applies to call streaming audio?
But if “Media music & mic” is selected then it should be for the music we listen to?

Am I right ?

Not possible as it’s hands free so Mic can’t be turned off completely.

1 Like

The settings for handsfree phone calls can be done here: