Looking for an Android app that will make changes to Phonak L30's

Independently for left and right ears. The higher priced models do that, but not the L30’s with the MyPhonak app. Thought I saw an aftermarket app at the playstore some time back but I don’t find it any longer.

We learn by our mistakes, sometimes. It turns out that the process of getting good sound requires adjusting the left and right aids independently and my audi is probably finished with my lack of satisfaction. She can make the adjustments, but I can not.

Anyone have a suggestion?

TIA, Nick

Amplifon App might work with L30, it works with the Phonak M70.

1 Like

Look in the DIY forum and make your own adjustments?

It’s not for everyone but it is a path to get what you want.

WH

Looks like the primary contributor to that DIY subforum has bailed. Links no longer work and the cloud links get a “Deleted” message???

I have the L90 but I can’t do that with MyPhonak app… Can anybody explain to me how to do it?

I mean, I can adjust the volume independently but it seems I’m not allowed to adjust the equaliser differently…

Thanks!

1 Like

Post there asking for help. I don’t think DIY is deserted.

WH

1 Like

You should be able to hit a button on the right toward the bottom. It will split the volume control left/right. Beyond that I think you’re looking at DIY…

WH

1 Like

Hope this helps.

WH

1 Like

Ah, OK, thanks! Yeah, I was aware of that button but the OP message led me to think I could adjust other settings, too: with my old Starkey, I could change the equalisation in a different way for left and right HA…

1 Like

Hmmm, my audi may have been mistaken??? But that’s what she told me would work.

I can confirm that te L90 can NOT be programmed separately though the app, beside the general volume.

not sure @PCGUY why the app is not connecting to the L30. It should and will. Just ensure you really have Phonak Audéo Lumity 30 (I think that is what L30 stands for in your post).
Install the latest app version of myPhonak, and let it guide you through the setup. Worst case, if something was messsed up, your audiologist can reset the Bluetooth pairing of your devices to start over.

One word on individual left / right adjustment if I may. The goal of hearing aids is to bring you the best possible speech understanding. Manually altering left / right may help you, but in that case the audiologist should assist and do it correctly. The equalizer settings may adversely affect this goal if adjusted wrongly. On top, the audiologist can adjust much more detailed settings… Just my oppinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to imply that I could not connect to my L30’s; they connect just fine. The problem is only that I can not change the settings of the left and right independently. I’m confident in my abilities to understand how this situation can be made to work. Been programming computers for more years than I care to count.

As for the audi, she has helped/assisted with this issue, but I think my expectations exceed her… add you own word.

As far as I know, it can’t be done in the app, only volume

Assume you’re referring to the MyPhonak app…

Yes. I’ve checked out the Amplifon app, and its features, although laid out differently, seemed the same

Do you mean that the Ampllfon app also does not do independent programming?

As far as I remember, it doesn’t.

Could you pls clarify what you want to adjust.
I just tried on a pair of L30-RT (which behave the same as R).

I can split screen into left / right to set volume independently, as it should be.

I think he wants equalizers for ea side or something like that.

WH