Lifespan of rechargeable batteries

Hi Folks,

I’d like to get some opinions regarding the average lifespan of the self-contained rechargeable batteries in hearing aids, before the aids need to be sent back for battery replacement. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

From limited experience with my Mom’s and from what I’ve heard here I think getting a full 3 years out of them and then sending them back to the manufacturer for replacement is what a lot of people do. Reasonable to expect another 2-3 years use which puts you at 5-6 years which longer than most people keep their hearing aids.

I believe I was one of the first people to buy the Phonak Lumity hearing aids when they came out. In a few months I will be hitting the two year mark. I have not noticed any degradation in the daily life of my hearing aid rechargeable batteries but I will definitely be getting them checked before the warrant runs out at year 3.

Jordan

1 Like

My Marvels started to go after 2 years, replacement started fading after another 2. Big factor is that they are pretty useless now as backups. I got Lumity 312s.

For the Oticon Intent, they claim a 5 years of use life, as seen in the video below. For their previous generations like the More and Real, I think they claimed a 3 years of use life.

Of course HA mfgs’ claims is one thing, actual user experience is another thing. I’ve know of More users who have had to replace their rechargeable batteries after only 1 year or less due to charging issues (battery wouldn’t charge fully and/or give the same of robustness as from day 1). But of course these are anecdotal experiences only.

1 Like

I have the Costco KS 10’s and with 3 hours of streaming a day after 2 1/2 years I am just getting through a day 14 hours and that are almost dead. I went back to Costco and they sent them in and i receives a new pair under warranty in about a week.

1 Like

In November 2019 I purchased rechargeable Marvel 70s. I had no issues but before the warranty expired, I sent them to Phonak for battery replacement.

I am using them now as back up because a pair of Lumity 90s that were put in service in November 2022 have battery failure. I don’t know how often this occurs.

I will seriously consider non-rechargeable hearing aids for my next purchase. The industry needs rechargeable hearing aids with a battery that a consumer can replace themselves.

1 Like

I had to get the batteries replaced in my Starkey Livio AI 2400s at around the two-year mark because they wouldn’t last much beyond 8:00PM. After being replaced, I typically have between 40-50% left when I go to bed and that hasn’t changed all that much and it’s about 16 months since they were replaced.

I thank you all for your input on this matter.