LE Audio and the Future of Hearing

OK, maybe not an article. Your post with the graphics that I’m guessing are excerpts from the video talk.

Sorry, English is not my native language, so I thought an article was something else.

I used the term “article” very loosely and it’s not surprising a non native speaker misunderstood me. Your English is excellent.

I also have the S23 and I am finding it to have very stable connectivity to my Oticon More1 aids, even more stable than the iPhones I have used. And I don’t miss total hands free at all.

1 Like

Correct, there are 2 part of auracast, Source is the device broadcast source…

Assistant is the broadcast picker that you will have on the phone which is auracast picker that connected to control the hearing device

You aren’t using LE Audio yet, it will have support for hand free as part of the CAP specification…

2 Likes

That depends on if Oticon does an update to the aids or not. The aids do have LE Bluetooth, but I am sure a very limited subset

1 Like

LE Bluetooth is old [by tech standards] and in no way signifies device readiness for LE Audio which is quite a different beast.

4 Likes

Bluetooth 5.3 certified LE Audio with Auracast (PBP) dongle:

Creative BT-L4, "Bluetooth LE Audio Transmitter with Super X-Fi Technology (Hehe, wonder what this X-Fi tech is)
https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/191420

1 Like

Maybe something else Elon got his paws into? /s

Here’s marketing material on Super X-Fi Super X-Fi Personalized Audio Holography Products - Creative Technology (Singapore)

And now the headphones to go with that dongle:

1 Like

Signia just released new HAs, and IX platform, they have [supposedly] the same hardware but added new “voice in noise tracking” firmware feature. [with the exception of Silk CICs which are rechargeable now]
And also this:

The Pure Charge&Go IX is ready for today and the Bluetooth LE Audio standard.

ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids)
LE Audio ready*
Bluetooth connectivity via streamer
Made for iPhone

*Firmware update required"

I highly doubt that it will trickle down to a previous generation, even if it’s the same hardware, because it doesn’t make them money.

2 Likes

@Reginald

Wow. Three years and something later, and finally this. Ok, it’s “ready” only, but you definitely win the chocolate frog.

You know, you’re probably right but it makes me angry. I would be even angrier if I had that previous generation that isn’t getting upgraded! Who knows though? They might surprise us.

1 Like

Has it ever happened with any HAs?
I’ve bought Signias Stylettos 7AX, because they seemed quite recent and future proof (also I’ve tested several brands and signia sounded the best to me).
Well, they moved the one software feature that probably would made the biggest difference, into the new line (two if counting LE Audio).
It’s more than annoying. Pure marketing BS.

Wow. We can dig out our old vinyl and play them on our hearing ai… oh, wait.

1 Like

https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/193583
le audio confirmed with SAS-4

So, does this tell us that a LE Audio-enabled GE hearing aid is on the way?

What’s this, too bad it’ll probably never be “mainstream”

1 Like