KS8 Frequency Lowering and Self-Programming

I said I would consider it. I would confirm that the aid I wanted could be programmed by it. I would also want to confirm that I thought the trend was still moving towards NoahLink Wireless. It would also depend on where I was getting my hearing aids from. Prices for NoahLink Wireless have been as low as $250 from online stores if you purchased hearing aids from them. Even without that it’s not that far apart. From ebay I see $329 for NL Wireless. Minipro is around $240 plus cables and connectors can add $70 or more so you’re over $300. It’s a decision that takes some thought, as does DIY programming. And to add, these aren’t the kind of things one buys and expects manufacturer support for (at least I don’t)

The mini Pro +cables and adapters are pretty close in price with Noahlink Wireless when you look in the right places. So cost is only a minor consideration.

Aside from price there are other more important considerations.

See How to choose a programming device to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY].

How did you know @DanTheMan was talking to you? From another thread?

1 Like

I guess I had read that the new version of Noahlink Wireless (whatever that is) was $600. I have also read that Noahlink Wireless only worked with aids which had BLE. I don’t think the KS8s have that?

Yes, from another thread… Not sure how, but I got an email notification.

There is only one version of Noahlink Wireless/Airlink 2 (same device). You should be able to get one for $250.

KS8’s are MFi. MFi uses BLE/Bluetooth Low Energy.

1 Like

Look at Page 10 of Kirkland Signature 8.0.pdf.

Page 10 says;

1 Like

I would like to hear from one of the readers who has programmed the KS8s using the Noahlink Wireless.

What makes you think there is such a person? You might be the first.

We know that KS8’s are self-programmable/Not-locked.

We know that the specs say you can use NoahLink Wireless.

We know that Costco fitters use Noahlink Wireless to program KS8’s. They do it all the time. Ask any KS8 wearer.

That may not be good enough for you? It’s good enough for me.

I don’t want to be first. I want someone else to try it. I’m in no hurry…

Okay, send me a pair of KS8’s and I will try it for you :wink:
Click image for a larger view;

If you were only in Georgia I might consider it. Maybe you have heard how stubborn we “rednecks” are… seriously, since you are so knowledgeable about Noahlink Wireless: do you need to remove the aids from your ears when you program them this way? I seem to recall Costco did that even with the Noahlink wireless. Another question: why do you have all the other wires shown in your picture. I understand the USB stuff.

Use the magnifying glass/search to find info on each component;

I think I can answer the NoahLink Wireless part. The aids need to be removed from your ears to link to the NoahLink Wireless. They need to be right in front of the device to link up. Once linked up, you can put them on your ears. This is based on my experience with Signia NX Charge&Go. I got the feeling that for some other brands it wasn’t necessary to remove the aids from ears to link up.

Oh yeah, the in-your-ears part. The closer to the fitting device the better. Sometimes I just have her lean next to the Noahlink Wireless device and it connects/Detects.

Some hearing instruments (not Oticon) can take wireless Firmware updates. Put the hearing instruments right next to the wireless fitting device for Firmware updates. Also use New batteries for Firmware updates.

@DanTheMan just FYI - this discussion might have been better in a separate thread instead of resurrecting this old thread. But don’t worry, that’s water under the bridge at this point. Also we are required to have our DIY discussions in this category and not in the main categories (for example in the KS8 Product Information thread). You might notice that I cleaned-up/deleted my post there (which is easy just click the 3-dots … under a post and select the garbage can icon).

Are you a hearing aid provider/professional? So much hardware and programming tools for various hearing aids shown in your picture.

No :wink:

I was right on the verge of buying the Noahlink Wireless to program my KS8s, but now I don’t see the link on where to find the programming software. Can you help me?

Sorry, I don’t have the vast experience on this forum that you have. Please excuse my stupidity. Now I humbly ask it you have the link. I’ll be glad to clear up any threads that I have misused (if only I knew how).

Didn’t work for me. When I clicked the link it downloaded a file: ??.exe.part file.