KS8 Frequency Lowering and Self-Programming

I thought one of the main precepts of this forum was not to attack or denigrate other posters. You have been doing this in spades. Without actually using the term “stupid” you imply it in many ways, using expressions like “a mess” and “obvious as the nose on your face”. If you can’t be a little more civil/helpful I will stop using this post.

I see the link for getting the KS8 software has disappeared. I know you are using that software. Could you send me the link?

The link is there. I’m downloading now to take a look. It/s Rexton Connexx8.5.5/RexFit 8.5.3 I’m downloading now to take a look at it.

When I clicked on the link I got a file: ??.exe.part ???

Could you give me the full link? Gotta have a .com in there someplace, right?

What’s there is what you want. It’s an executable. Windows 10 will try to block it. You’ll need to tell Windows you want to install it anyway. I just did it and it seems to work fine. Regarding your second question: No, this does not take you to a web page. It links to an executable file that you download. (Yeah, I know, it’s likely on a web page)

The KS8 will not show up on the list of available hearing aids, but if you have a programming device hooked up to KS8s and tell the program to detect the hearing aids, it will detect them as KS8s. Before you actually get a programming device, you can simulate the KS8s by selecting a Rexton Emerald 80 S (if you have 312 batteries) or 80 M if you have 13 batteries.

But when I asked windows to open the .exe.part file it asked what program. Did you get the same? A ???.exe.part file?

No, it just ran it as an executable. You might try right clicking and see what options you have. These are some of the joys of DIY programming. One has to wing it at times and rely on Google to figure things out. Once you get there, Audiology Online has some good CE classes on Connexx 7. Yeah, I know they’re dated, but they give you the basics.

Ok, I got it. I am now in a window that asks for installation options. Should I wait to proceed until I get a programmer? I see Noahlink Wireless for about $300.

I’m going ahead to install it. I selected Noahlink Wireless. I assume it will recognize it when I install it later.

I would highly recommend taking a look at the software and see what you think of the interface. You can simulate the process of fitting a hearing aid and changing settings. That’s free. The NoahLink Wireless is going to cost you some money.

Good advice, although I would have 14 days to return it.

Yes I have. Sorry :face_with_raised_eyebrow: But we are back on the correct thread now. Thanks R for moving all this S/Stuff back to this thread.

That simply means that your browser is telling you that your download in incomplete. When your download finishes the .part will disappear and the .exe file without .part will become complete.

Don’t pay more than $250. PM me for a source.

…eta> Oh, but not if you hope to return it. Sorry.

I have considered doing PM to responders but it is never clear whether it is a PM or being posted for the whole group. The administrator needs to do something to clear this up.

I would agree with that. The style and looks are very similar. Maybe a background color or something to indicate that you’re somewhere else. As it is you just have to know that you’re in a PM area.

I saw an item that some of the Noahlink Wireless are illegal copies and are not covered by HIMSA warranty. Any comments?

I am in Signia Connexx Eight. Is there a way to do a simulation without entering client data? And does that data need to be valid or is a fictional person ok?

Pretty sure you need client data, but no problem with fictional person.

I got the software up and doing a simulation. I did a post about the authenticity of the Noahlink Wireless. I saw on the HIMSA website that they were finding Noahlink Wireless on eBay that were copies - thus no warranty. I also noticed on eBay that used Noahlink Wireless systems from other countries (not Korea) were in the neighborhood of $400+. I sent a message to the main Korea supplier of these requesting provenance. I’ll see if he responds. To you know of anyone that has bought one from eBay and had success with them? I would worry that when you try to connect or update them they wouldn’t be recognized.

I have no idea. Dealing with this stuff is kind of in a grey area. I wouldn’t expect to be able to get manufacturer’s support. The saving grace for most of this stuff is that it should be returnable for a refund. Self Programming is not for somebody who doesn’t deal well with uncertainty. I just had my own little “fun” after I did the trial install of the latest Rexton Connexx. Kept getting fatal errors. Ended up uninstalling my Signia version of Connexx and Rexton version and reinstalling. Everything works great now and fortunately it didn’t lose my data.