Kirkland Sig 9 -> Blue Tooth working good for you?

Just going back to Bluetooth connection problems again, it’s worth reiterating that if you have the firmware that only allows one device and have been using your aids with any other device, you must normally disconnect before trying to connect to another device or it just won’t show as available. I’m not sure whether it matters if they are turned off or they are out of range but I have banged my head against the wall several times trying to connect to my PC before realising the KS9’s are still connected to my phone. As soon as I disconnect they show up on the list in the PC Bluetooth settings.

My old phone died so I couldn’t unpair and now I’m trying to connect to a new one (android 9 and BT5)
Phone only “sees” the right aid and app sees nothing. I’ve rebooted, put in fresh batteries.
Trying to avoid COSTCO until January .Any suggestions?
Thanks, stay safe all,
Nancy

I hate to say it but I am afraid your fitter will need to get into the Target software to unpair that phone.

Thanks, I rather expected that. Not a major issue now and it seems smarter to stay away from crowds.

I don’t think unpairing is needed, since I think it happens automatically, new pairing deletes old one.

Just a reminder, you need to pair your aids twice.

Once with phone to be able to stream, that’s done with phone BT settings and turning aids off and on to put them in pairing mode.
From that, you’ll see just one, often right, aid paired to phone. That’s how it’s supposed to be, since signal comes from phone to one aid and then that aid sends it to another aid.

Then, open the app, and repeat the process - aids off then on and app should now connect to each.

In phone BT settings you’ll get two more connections, marked with LE.

So try this way, and share the results :slight_smile:

I haven’t played with this much. I know it’s possible to use the app without phone being paired. Is it possible to stream without the app? I currently have the app installed, but phone is not paired as I use my two pairings for 2 different computers.

Yeah, why not, it’s separate entities. Basically it’s having two BT devices in aids, one for streaming (BT classic) and another for remote control (BT LE). That’s why you need to do both pairings if you want to use both capabilites.

Heh, you’re actually streaming without the app and you ask if it’s possible? :slight_smile: I mean, you don’t pair LE, only classic, with your computer and it works :slight_smile: same with phone.

I thought there might be something phone specific. People often think of streaming and app compatibility as the same thing, but in my mind it’s completely separate. Not sure if that’s the case for all brands of hearing aids.

In practice it’s completely separate. Remote control uses LE with all of them afaik. Thing is how they approached streaming.

Phonak uses LE for control and classic for streaming.

MFI uses LE for both, so there they could be united but I assume they still aren’t (easiest way is to check BT devices connected to the phone, is there only one or more, like with phonak).

However, same MFI aid has the app for android (again, LE) for remote even though it cannot directly stream.

Those aids that support mfi and asha, I assume they just have 2 type BT connections for androids and probably one or two for iphones.

When you read on manufacturers site, I think I’ve never stumbled upon limits on app remote other than ‘had to have OS this or higher’.
Phone compatibility is I think used for direct phone call streaming, and they list specific phones.

I know that I whined to ex fitter when he said marvels, that I’ve seen widex and who else that they support android, and he said, yes, for remote-app. Then I read site again, and yup.

But people today are mostly interested in calls in ears so they focus on that.

1 Like

No it Sucks. I regret going to Costco period.

Hi mytech,

It’s a pity you didn’t get on with them - I too have ks9.0 and love them - they are basically phonak marvel and are great value for money - I do have the ability to pair with 2 devices - and just used BLE from android to control aids - I also tried Phonak Paradise aids but they just didn’t work for me, and had issues dropping out on long streaming session - teams meeting at work and I had to return them during trial period.

3 Likes

Hello Friends.

First of all I want to thank you for your great help and your good forum.

A day ago I bought the KS 9.0 T, I am very happy with it, it is my first hearing aid,

The problem is that I can’t connect 2 devices via Bluetooth,

Do i need to activate any options in the audiologist’s program to enable this option?
My audiologist says that there is no option to connect 2 Bluetooth devices.

I tried the Phonak Paradise before and was able to connect two Bluetooth devices without any problem, but with the KS 9.0 T we were unable to

My audiologist tells me that the software is up to date and we do not know how to activate this option.

Some idea to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot friends for your help.

Your fitter should know whether KS 9’s can do two Bluetooth connections at once. The KS 9s are $1500 a pair the Paradise set is approximately $5000 to 6000, Find out the capability first.

1 Like

Your KS9 aids are based on the Phonak Marvel Audeo hearing aids.
Like the Marvel aids your KS9 aids will not connect with two devices at the same time. They can be paired with two devices but only connect to one device at a time.

2 Likes

I have marvels , and am presently paired with at least 5 different devices . I believe the limit is 8. But, yes, only connect with one at a time.

1 Like

Hello

I thought that you could have two devices connected by bluetooth at the same time, that is, D-KS9.0 is connected to both devices at the same time.

And that you can, for example, play music only on one device and the other device is on standby but with the D-KS9.0 bluetooth connection activated on standby, as it worked on the Phonak Paradise or with the KS9.0 it is not like that, I have only managed to have one device connected to the D-KS9.0 connection and when I try to connect another device it indicates the bluetooth connection error until I disconnect the other device.

I hope I have explained myself better.

The Paradise will connect with 2 devices at once. The KS-9 like the marvel it is based on will only connect to one device at a time.

Jim

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily blame the actual unit, I blame Costco for not providing a good service that came with the unit as advertised.

When you say KS9 only connects with one device at a time, you mean like this? In my case I am only paired with one device right?

1 Like

You can be PAIRED to more than one device but you can only CONNECT to one device at a time. On the example above you are currently connected to your iphone, in order to connect to your computer you would need to disconnect from your phone.

Jim

1 Like