Keeping the Jabra Enhance Pro app linked

I’ve worn ReSound/Jabra HAs for a long time, and have always used the related app in the Mac system (iPhone, iPad). In the past year or so, since getting into the new Jabra Enhance world, I’ve had difficulty keeping the app working. I go through the process of linking it, but in a day or two it becomes ‘unlinked,’ and I have to repeat the hook-up. Does anyone else have this difficulty? What am I doing wrong?

Were the Jabra’s linked by bluetooth via iPhone/iPad Accessibility/Hearing-Devices? I’ve had no issues using this method of connection.

1 Like

Are you using the Costco Jabra or the online Jabra? The Jabra app for my Costco-sourced Enhance Pro 10 on Android is too unreliable for me. The app on my iphone SE (2022) is far from perfect but much. much better than on Android.

Yes they were. Thanks for your response :+1:

I don’t know about the Jabra Enhance app, but there’s a new ReSound Smart 3D app version in the last few days for both iOS and Android that is said to include “general performance and stability improvements.” Maybe there will be a similar one soon for the Jabra Enhance app, and it will fix things up. With my Omnias under iOS 16.x, my HAs would suffer “iPhone separation” and lose their BT connectivity if I was away from my iPhone for a long period of time. With iOS 17.x, my BT connectivity has been rock solid - so at least for the Omnias, I put the blame on Apple for the iOS 16.x connectivity problems.

Not sure what you mean by this question. Yes, my HA is from Costco. The app is the Jabra one, as shown online (and also used by Costco). Yes, I use an iPhone.
It SHOULD work on both the iPhone and the iPad, but it tells me to link only one device. Two should be possible.
Re-linked the iPhone yesterday. We’ll see how long it lasts.

1 Like

Mystuart, Is your ‘Optimize MFi connection’ on or off? (I’m still new to Apple.)

Jabra online: Enhance Select 300 - Jabra Enhance.

The Jabra and ReSound apps are the same, I think. Both are at a 1.35.1 level today. Both new levels came out 2 days ago. I’ve previously controlled my Jabras (Enhance Pro 10s) from the ReSound 3D app. Both apps failed with the same symptoms on Android.

The Jabra Enhance Select app looks different from the EP/Smart 3D version. Of course, the Enhance Select app may be identical to the other app and just has a different interface.

No comment on your difficulty connecting to Apple products. I have an iphone but I’m not a fan of Macs or ipads and don’t own either.

I have Jabra Enhance 10s from Costco. I haven’t had any problem keeping my HAs connected to my iPhone and the Jabra app. Apple updated the MacOS to allow Jabra HAs to connect to my MacBook Air M2. I haven’t experimented much with switching from iPhone to MacBook, but it seems that it works best when I turn off the bluetooth on my iPhone using the control center. The computer will then connect to the HAs. When I wan to switch back to the iPhone, I switch off the bluetooth on the computer and make sure the iPhone bluetooth is on.

Like I said, this is just from limited experience. It’s kind of a pain to switch the BT off and on but maybe this will help?

You might also try resetting your iPhone’s Network Settings. But this might be done as a last resort, as it resets all network connections.

Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Thanks for writing. Yes, my setting uses the “MFi” connection.
I don’t have a response to what you say. Mine are Jabra Enhance, from Costco. Jabra Select is a different hearing aid (with its own app interface, I assume). I suppose the inconvenience with the app will right itself eventually. I manage OK.
Also, with the iPhone, there is a built-in Accessibility control page for hearing aids that handles most of my needs, and that works very smoothly, always.

If I turn on optimize MFi connection in the app I have the same problem you described, keeps loosing connection to my iPhone. I turn that off and connection became rock solid

1 Like

I guess it only works with M2 machines. I have a MacBook Pro M1 (MacOS 14.4). I could have missed something but I followed Apple’s “Use hearing devices with your Mac”. My Mac-M1 recognizes the Jabra only via the nearby iPhone’s MFI connection, but the Mac cannot pair directly to the Jabra as an output sound device.

1 Like

Apple support says:

“Made for iPhone hearing devices can be paired only with select Mac computers with the M1 chip, and all Mac computers with the M2 or M3 chip. For a list of supported hearing devices and more information about Mac system requirements, see the Apple Support article List of Made for iPhone hearing devices.”

2 Likes

Controlling the Jabra EP20 with the iPhone-- as discussed above, my Jabra app connection keeps un-linking. I managed to take a screenshot of the functions page on the iPhone that includes HA controls at the ‘sign of the ear’. This Mac help can be very useful (so long as it stays linked). Here’s the image.

Mystuart, do you have “optimize MFI connection” switched on in the Jabra app? If so, turn it off and see if that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks. I hope some viewers may also find the above useful, as I do. Quick and handy and effective.

It’s off and has been off, so that’s not a factor. Thx.

It seems counterintuitive to turn off optimize mfi but if I have it turned on my connection constantly drops on my iPhone 14, turn it off and the connection is rock solid

Yep, same here. I use the 15 pro max.

How would one know the type of chip one’s Mac runs? ie, M1, 2, or 3?

I had a similar problem with my ReSound/Jabra hearing aid app on a Mac system. Connecting to the app worked correctly after the initial installation, but after a while it lost connection with devices. I have found that the problem often occurs due to updates to the operating system or the application itself. In my case, reinstalling the application and rebooting the devices helped temporarily solve the problem.

2 Likes