Jabra Enhance Pro fitting failure

The fitting software is the standard ReSound Smart Fit. You can go to any Costco Hearing Aid Center if you are not happy with your fitting at your current center.

You should ask for copies of your audiogram and fitting sessions. You are entitled to them.

I’m giving the fitter a second chance tomorrow. If that doesn’t work out a forum member has given me a strong referral to a fitter at another Costco center who did a great job fitting the Jabras.

I’m hoping to get my audiogram and fitting records as well. Hopefully they will be provided as files. SmartStart expects to import the audiogram from a file.

I’m buoyed by the fact that you and others are happy with well fitted Jabras. The effort to get the fitting sorted will be more than worthwhile if that’s my outcome too.

2 Likes

ReSound Smart Fit allows you to manually input the audiogram.

2 Likes

I guess you could actually go to any audiologist clinic, as they are unlocked, of course this will incur extra costs that you wouldn’t need to pay at a Costco centre.

Unless ReSound prohibits its resellers from servicing their Jabra line outside of Costco. It could cost them their access to GN products.

Yeah that would be pretty bad, I guess only one way to find that out!

1 Like

@tony2. As several folks having suggested, it would help if you posted your audiogram when you get it.

Just added them to my profile. Thanks for the guidance, Jim.

1 Like

The saga continues. Costco cancelled the appointment today. Have made a fitting appointment with another Costco hearing center that was highly recommended by a forum member.
The HA quest is on hold until 8 October. I’m determined to give it every chance for success.

Good luck! If that works out make sure to ask the fitter to set you up with remote services, so you can set up Live Assistance appointments in the future with that fitter, and any remote requests through the Jabra app get routed to that Costco.

1 Like

The best way to add your audiogram is from the top of the forum web page, click on “Forum,” then “My Hearing Tests,” then sign into the main Hearing Tracker website (should be the same account user name and password you use for the forum, IIRC. You should end up on the following page: Add a Hearing Test (hearingtracker.com).

The official instructions on how to do it are here: How to add your hearing test / audiogram to Hearing Tracker - Forum Support - Hearing Aid Forum - Active Hearing Loss Community

When you do it this way, your audiogram will show up as part of your avatar. (the white circle with the black T or toadstool or ??? in it). Try clicking on my avatar or any similarly “iconed” avatar to see what I mean. It takes a little typing but it makes it easy for anyone to see what sort of hearing loss you’re dealing with in any sort of post you make.

I believe this is a hearing aid dome that goes into the ear.
Took me a while to see this.

1 Like

many thanks Jim. I filled out the base audiogram plus the bone conduction and word score reports.
The base audiogram shows up on clicking my avatar, but it appears that the bone conduction and word score do not. Mysterious.

1 Like

Yes that’s correct. Hearing Tracker won’t show the BC results or word scores. I have no idea why either.

Well, I bought the Jabra enhanced because I wear Resounds now. I had tested the KS10s and they were better then my Resound Fortes so I thought surely the Resound-Jabra enhanced would be even better. But, I experienced similar tinny static, as I call it. I thought that maybe the Marie receiver was not for me so I would try the standard improve receiver but never could. My fitter is pretty good but he would be away for over a month and no one else there would help me until he returned, so I returned the Jabras. One of the other fitters there told me I could not order the KS 10s until my regular fitter returned. So, I called a different Costco and made an appointment, although they were backed up 4 weeks, so if you want the KS 10s you should set up an appointment soon. The KS10s sounded more natural, recognized my situation and switched to an appropriate program. The only problem was that it would sometimes switch when I didn’t want it to. A new firmware update became available after my test. The app was a couple of seconds slower to recognize the aids then the Resound Jabras or my Fortes. The KS 10 app did everything the Resounds did and more importantly the aids sounded better and cleaner so you could hear better and they are cheaper to buy.
Well, I went to buy some KS10 aids from Costco after returning the Jabra enhanced but they refused to sell me any aids saying that I have returned too many aids over the past 5 years, even though I actually am wearing Costco aids. I don’t know about the past 5 years but in the last 3 years I have tried and returned 3 pairs and bought 1 pair. So, I went to an Audi that was recommended to me and they diagnosed me with “hearing recruitment” which is very hard to fit. So I will be ordering a pair of new aids but not from Costco who apparently has a selective return policy.

2 Likes

The next step in my journey was a session with a Costco fitter in a different store who wears HAs herself and was highly recommended by a member on this board.
She was excellent, and literally started the fit from scratch. The results are remarkable so far. It might take a few days and some minor tweaks, but the setup is very livable even first day. None of the tininess from the previous fit, and very natural sound. Seems the Jabras can be set up nicely by a fitter who knows the product and has the experience.

10 Likes

Nice to see this update, @tony2.

Ever since the directionality on my Jabra with M&RIE was switched from Omnidirectional to M&RIE I’ve been very happy with the Jabra. It sounds like my own hearing just clearer, better highs, and much better speech recognition. After working with the Smart Fit software I’ve seen I have lots of room to increase gain as time goes on if I need to.

3 Likes

Well, I’m getting used to the Jabras, and starting to appreciate how good they are. Have a feeling DIY tuning is in my future,
So dumb question: Is is possible to reshape the bend in the aid to receiver wires? I’d recently moved up to #3 wires, but they still ‘hang out’ rather than stay close to the head. I’m sure that reshaping the bend would solve the problem. Possible?

2 Likes