Jabra Enhance Pro 10 Increasingly Streaming Music in Mono

Hello All,

My understanding is that when I stream music from my phone (Pixel 7a), one aid connects to the phone via Bluetooth and it then transmits this signal to the other aid via a proprietary radio connection. When I got my aids 2.5 years ago the connection between aids would disconnect occasionally, and restarting the aids would almost always reconnect them. Now the disconnects happen more frequently, and there’s only a 50/50 chance that restarting the aids will fix them. Sometimes the only thing that happens after a restart is that mono music in the right ear switches to mono in the left.

Today after restarting the aids 3 times did not fix the issue I tried turning BT off on my phone first, restarting the aids, and then turning BT back on. This worked, although it might just be a coincidence.

Does anybody have advice on how to remedy this, or is it just a matter of my aids getting older?

1 Like

This is Phonak master/slave setup with bluetooth classic, ReSound (Jabra) use direct, but regardless it’s a known problem with android ASHA streaming, although pixel from google is supposed to be superior then any of the others, have you got another phone you could try to see what happens, MFi (dare I say) has been much better in this regard.

On my Pro 20s I do not restart my hearing aids in this case. I typically only need to toggle Bluetooth. Sometimes in also need to go into Bluetooth/details and disconnect/reconnect the HAs. On occasion I only need to stop and continue the sound in the streaming app. Spotify in my case. Hope that helps

I’ve tried this but it doesn’t help. I do have to restart BT when my aids disconnect completely from the stream (no sound in either ear), but this happens less frequently.

I don’t have another phone available. I could try using my Kindle Fire tablet …

@kev716 , I do not know if this is related to your case, however:

Additionally, I used to have regular connecting/disconnecting of the HAs to the app, especially in the morning when I first put my HAs in. I found out that; First killing the app, if still running, AND then ‘stop’ the app under ‘activate in background’. This is found by selecting the bottom left button of the home screen where you can kill apps, BUT, in the upper left corner are the small words ‘active in background’. I found the Enhance Pro app running in the background for more then a day. Even past a restart of the phone…not a stop/start of course. This really helped.

Later someone else mentioned that they had to add the EnhancePro app to ‘never auto sleeping apps’ in ‘background usage limits’.

Hope this helps some.

I think this is due to wear and tear on the devices or some technical problems. You should contact the manufacturer of your aids for detailed advice on how to resolve this problem. They can offer solutions or even replacement devices if necessary. Also, check your phone’s Bluetooth settings to make sure they are configured correctly to work with your assistive devices. Perhaps a firmware or software update could also help

Same bs happens to me and has since new. Its not the aids getting older. Its that the app sucks, streaming sucks, and nothing has been do e to fix the issue. Now the new LE audio that was suppose to fix the issues is even worse. File an complaint with the feds. If enough of us file complaints maybe we can help motivate the mfg’s to at least have mandatory warnings that streaming is hit or miss. These are medical devices not bt headphones and we were sold a technology that works maybe half the time if lucky. You arer not alone.

Thanks for all of your advice. I bought my Pixel last July and the streaming problem has steadily gotten worse over the last couple of months. I’ll take a look at the above suggestions on my phone, but since I haven’t made any changes to the BT or app settings during this time I’m doubtful these are the problem.

I’ll take the aids to Costco for an inspection just in case.

BTW, the EnhancePro app was updated March 15th 2024.

Yes, that’s the version my phone has.

I have the 128GB Pixel 7a, and still have 92 GB free. However, working Ram might be an issue. I’ve started closing apps frequently, including Enhance Pro. So far my phone seems to work better, let’s see if that lasts.

1 Like