Jabra caution

Just a warning… returned a pair of Jabra enhance… return was received and approved… cc used was compromised over the holidays and Jabra support is saying the only way to get the $1900 refund is for them to issue it back to that card. Card was cancelled so… looks like I’m out $1900…

Call your credit card company, see if they can do something?

WH

1 Like

Jabra’s website or Costco?

Sorry this happened. I expect it can be resolved, but it’ll probably require extra phone calls and emails. Emails may be better for the documentary record.

It should be pretty easy to resolve, assuming you replaced the credit card and the credit card company linked the accounts. Is this a Jabra OTC or a prescription hearing aid through Costco (both have Jabra Enhance in the name) ? I suspect Costco would be easier to deal with than online sales

3 Likes

Card will be replaced… have no idea if they link the accounts or not… 10-14 days for new card. Either way they have my address. If it was the company I use to work with they would have simply acknowledged the issue and cut a check…… situation resolved and no words of caution to any potential buyers

I did… not sure about it being linked or not but thanks

Website…. Purchased over the holidays

10-14 days seems excessive. My experience with credit card purchases has always been refunded to credit card,

Same but that cc was cancelled

I have heard of refunds to cancelled cards bounce back to the linked account, but they were debit cards. It’s not like the card is erased from existence, probably mastercard/visa or whatever processor would reject the refund along the line but your bank would be notified and somehow re-route the amount to your account/current card.

Also title is a bit off, nothing on jabra, afaik almost all merchants would refuse to refund returns in anyway other than the original payment method.

2 Likes

I think the thread is mistitled. It would be more appropriately titled “Cancelled Credit Card HA Purchase Refund Problem: Best Way to Solve?”

Unless you purchased the HAs from the Jabra website directly, it’s really not a GN ReSound Jabra problem but more a problem of the company/credit card issuer that you dealt with. By focusing in on your Jabra hearing aids, you’re perhaps missing helpful responses from anyone wearing other brand HAs who’ve had a similar problem and solved it in the past.

5 Likes

Could be your right… I do know the company I retired from would resolve it by cutting a check. That being said any and all refunds I’ve had in the pass were credited back to original card. In this instance I had to cancel the card. This is the first time I’ve had a card compromised so this is new ground for me. The customer service agent said there was no other way to resolve it. That is why the title is what it is.

Purchase was direct from the website and the customer service rep said there was no other way to get the refund. That is why I titled it as I did…

You’re definitely not out of your $1,900 but good luck dealing with the robots in the call centres involved.

Patience will be the key!

2 Likes

I would be very surprised if the credit didn’t show up on the new replacement card if Jabra credits the old card number.

It’s likely you are worried about nothing.

3 Likes

Been following this thread
Same thing happened to me involving Amazon and a TV.
Credit was transferred to new card.
If it doesn’t for some reason, just let the bank know, I’m sure they will fix it.
This is not the first time I had this scenario happen to me. I’ve had multiple
cards replaced.

5 Likes

Not worried as I’m sure it will be resolved. Original statement from Jabra chat rep was the card must be open and it was the only way to receive the refund. I do not believe that’s the case

They are misleading you - whether intentional or not. Your account is still open, you just have a different card number. It’s the same account. For example, when I use Apple Pay the card number given isn’t even my card number, but I can make a return no problem.

That being said, sis you purchase this from jabra? I thought you’d have to purchase from Costco, so Costco would do the return.

1 Like

https://www.jabraenhance.com/ - Costco may cost less, but only if you live close enough to a Costco with a good hearing aid center.

I don’t think they’re the same aids Costco offers (not sure though)