Jabra caution

Well what you believe is what you believe. I believe Jabra is correct in that the charge back has to go to the credit card number that original charge was made to.

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Anyhow, you well get the credit to your account, and that’s what is important.

A couple years ago, I got a refund automatically in this situation. Due to fraud by a third party, my credit card had to be replaced with a new card with a different number, and when I got a refund for an item purchased on the old card, I expected to have a hassle getting my money back, but I didn’t. Chase applied it automatically to the account for my new card. It did take a week or so longer than usual for the refund to appear in my account, but it did appear. No guarantee of course, but there’s hope.

And you just said “the card was canceled” without explaining if the account was closed or a new card was issued. Even if the account was closed, as long as the account was in good standing at your end, and you don’t owe them money, the bank should cut you a check for the refund, although this would take much longer than a week. Of course you should be careful to save all paperwork associated with the return, so you can prove your claim. If the refund doesn’t come through within a month or two after being issued by Jabra or Costco, you should call the financial institution and ask for help with it. You’re entitled to the money.

3 Likes