Is Costco Brio 5 similar to Naida Paradise?

In all truth @akaybee, I have only ever had REM done once here in UK, via an NHS A.uD, it is not a common practice here in the UK, I was so impressed, that I transferred all the settings in my Naida M70’s SP, over to the Naida P90’s, and this in turn gave me a big improvement in the clarity of the P90’s, G Numbers weren’t exact, but very similar…. Costco should, do REM with the Brio 5’s? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@Baltazard

@kevels55

I use this extra thick wall tubing for my worse ear.
Internal 2mm and external 4mm.

https://www.connevans.co.uk/product/8850460/3B1063P10/Future-tec-extra-thick-pre-bent-earmould-tubes

3 Likes

@Zebras Much appreciated.

2 Likes

I checked with a few Hearing Aid dispensers here in Florida (Venice). None have the REM facility. Costco and Hear Again did not have this facility either as I have used them before for providing H/aids.

I think I may have to accept a less precise fitting procedure available.

I can try contacting Phonak to see if they know of any Audio doing REM fitting - but not very hopeful!

1 Like

Don’t worry to much about REM, it’s not the holy grail of fitting, just find a audiologist that your happy with and then go from there, I’m certain there’ll be a clinic in your area that offers good practice.

Good luck.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if Roger ON iN will work with Brio 5 BTE UP?

Tagging @Zebras to answer your question.

It should work, as the Brio 5 is the same as Naida paradise UP (675) (with perhaps Brio 5 having less options)

@nc2kids

Yes it will with the licenses.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Same features as the P90.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I found out that the Roger receivers are software and not the hardware type. So it’s installed via pairing with Brio 5.

But you still need the licenses either from a Roger iN device or a Roger X receivers x 2.

I assume that the licenses are available with the “Roger On iN” which I am interested to purchase.

Yes they are with the Roger On iN.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This video about Roger On maybe of interest, @kevels55 would love it (the video, I mean :wink:):

4 Likes

I checked with a Phonak distributor in Japan and they said the Roger Direct feature in Phonak Brio 5 is disabled and that Roger On iN will not work. I am really confused.

It’s disabled until you install the licenses that come in the On iN into the Brio 5. The licenses activate it all.

Just say that Costco will have no dealings with the Roger Set Up and even the Tinnitus Features within the Phonak / KS 9/10 Aids but they are still there.

That might be why they said it wouldn’t work?

1 Like

Phonak Japan just confirmed that Roger direct functionality in Brio 5 is disabled and Roger On iN will not work at all. I guess the only solution is to buy a Roger neck loop receiver to pair with Roger On iN. Unfortunately, I don’t like wearing neck loop and would prefer a direct connection between Roger On and hearing aids.

Not sure I believe that roger direct would be disabled. That would be significant work to disable in there, I’d think.

WH

1 Like

@nc2kids I think your Japanese customer services need some real good ramen :ramen:, I think the Brio 5 can connect to the roger accessories, but you will need licenses.
If you can get hold of 2nd hand (ebay…) roger accessories or 03/02 X receivers and TRY to transfer the licenses to the Brio 5, then you will have a peace of mind.
But check which licenses version you need (their number should begins with 17 or 18, not sure).
The reason I am confident it will work, because KS10 does work with roger accessories, why not Brio 5 :question: :confused: