iPhone 11 pro max and Phonak marvels, bluetooth does not work

I’m having same issue. Upgraded to Iphone Pro Max and now Audeo M70R can’t maintain a bluetooth connection at all for music or calls.I have the latest firmware update, re-paired everything. Aides appear to connect initially (giving me three hearing aids in bluetooth column) before dropping the single streaming aid within about 10 seconds. Can connect to MyPhonak app. Contacted Apple who couldn’t really help, haven’t heard back from Phonak. Audiologist told me need to wait for another firmware patch, which seems consistent with what others have heard.

Huge fan of Phonak Marvels, but unfortunately I join the party with my brand new iPhone 11 and Marvels not playing nice together. Coming from iPhone XS in which everything worked beautifully. I have phonak Target and a Noahlink wireless: i was on Fixed bluetooth, changed to adapative to see if that would fix it - nope. Back to fixed. Tried resetting all the bluetooth pairings in the Marvel and starting fresh, no dice. Issues persist.

They work some of the time, but not all the time. I’m able to stream music, but phone calls don’t work well - especially changing between them (streaming music and then a phone call comes in, it won’t switch bluetooth profiles to do handsfree). Fingers crossed for iOS 13.1 to help, being released later today…

My bet is that Phonak will have to push out a firmware update.

Hello, I installed ios 13.1, it doesn’t work. It’s a phonak problem.

1 Like

Confirmed … me too. :-/

Super annoying seeing as I work in tech and take many conf calls a day.

1 Like

I’d give Phonak a few days to update the app after Apple has released their new OS.

Seems a common problem of the iPhone 11:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250657595
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250659886

It’s not the phonak app. It’s the firmware on the aid (Or the iPhone software). The app has nothing to do with streaming. Though they do need to update their app to make the navigation menu work.

Edit: @alt that’s definitely comforting to hear that other Bluetooth devices are having issues like we are. I too updated to iOS 13.1 on my iPhone 11 and my issues persist.

Guys, I downloaded IOS 13.1 with my IPHONE XR and same issue still exist . I think they still didn’t fix the MFI problem that each time I open an app it seems there is a 1 sec drop ( as if my aid is reconnecting)?
Did anyone face the same after the update?

I’ve gone from iOS 13 to 13.1 with no difference, still not connecting. Hope Phonak hurry up with the firmware update!

No issue iPhone 11Pro 13.1 and Resound Cala HA’s

I don’t understand why if everything is working great, and the Apple releases an update and everything breaks, this is a Phonak problem.

No doubt either Phonak or Apple will come up with a fix eventually, but I think the moral of the story is: Don’t update your phone until you can confirm that is doesn’t break your hearing aid connectivity.

3 Likes

Guys, it’s marketing. Every year they always will. Phonak (or other similar manufacturers) has not paid to have a “made for iphone”, so Apple will change a few lines of code in the new iPhone every year.

We are waiting for an update of the Marvels, I think they will release it around November …

I’m having same issue with Marvel’s 90 not connecting with new iPhone Pro Max running IOS 13.1. Talked to Phonak got nowhere, they stated they’ve had many calls on the problem. Talked to Apple, been working with a tech for two days. Problem not solved. It’s being pushed up the a level.

1 Like

Another user here with new iPhone 11 Pro on IOS13.1 and no connectivity between phone and Marvel’s for calls and streaming. Earlier posting suggested Bluetooth pair between Apple Watch Series 5 and aids, and while you can answer the phone on the watch and the audio does stream to the aids. The mic on the aids does not work when paired to the watch, so while the audio streams to the aids, you have to hold your wrist up to your face and speak into the watch mic to speak to the caller. Music that is downloaded to the watch will also stream from the watch to the hearing aids, so I got that back. Meanwhile, we all wait for Phonak and Apple to deliver a solution.

1 Like

The weirdest thing is that my wife and I both bought iPhone 11’s… hers works with my marvels, mine doesn’t.

My iPhone 11 didn’t work with my Marvels… even when I manufacture reset the phone, didn’t restore from backup, etc.

However, her iPhone 11 works more often than not with my marvels. It’s the weirdest thing. The hands free often disconnects but is more connected than not, and I’m reliably able to stream music. So, I’ve moved to her iPhone 11 until I can go back to my original. I even restored her phone to my iCloud backup and it still works. Really clueless as to what’s going on, but it makes me suspicious that maybe there are two different kinds of bluetooth chips that are being interchanged throughout the iPhone 11 family.

iOS 13.1.1 released. Will report back with any changes. EDIT: Appears to not change anything with bluetooth.

1 Like

Today I installed 13.1 thinking it would fix the BT problems but it made things worse. I now have things back like they were working with 13.0. I hope Easy Line Remote or13.1 or Phonak come up with a fix soon. I haven’t heard anything back from Apple at this point.

Hmm… I’ve been using iOS 13 and iOS 13.1 (all the betas and releases) with my Marvels and iPhone X and have NEVER had a problem with BT streaming. Phonak claims the issue has to do with new iPhones.

How did you connect your watch to the Marvels? I haven’t been able to do this with my AW 4.

From Phonak:

Recently, Apple released their new iPhone® 11 family. Unfortunately, our internal tests have shown that iPhone 11 is not compatible with Phonak Marvel™ hearing aids. The hearing aids appear as pairable devices in the Bluetooth® menu, but pairing is not successful. Note that this compatibility issue affects all iPhone 11 Bluetooth Classic connections, and it is not limited to Marvel hearing aids. We are in contact with Apple, and we are working toward a potential solution.

Additionally, after updating Apple devices to the new iOS 13/13.1 software, the myPhonak app has limited capabilities. We have already identified a solution and have submitted an app update to Apple, which we expect to be ready for download in the App Store in the next week or two. Please recommend to your patients that they wait to update to iOS 13 until the updated myPhonak app is available.

We will let you know when the updated myPhonak app is available, and will provide more information on iPhone 11 compatibility when we identify a solution.

//

p.s. I reported the myPhonak app problem to Phonak over a month ago… Sigh.

1 Like