iPhone 11 pro max and Phonak marvels, bluetooth does not work

Hello everyone! I just got an iphone 11 pro max and I have the phonak marvels hearing aids. It does not work completely, neither with calls nor with music. The myPhonak app works.
With the iPhone XS max everything works.
I was hoping to have no problems :frowning:

Does it work for you?

Just curious but did you use a full iCloud backup or did you do a new install on the new phone and link Bluetooth from scratch? If you used a backup with your old Bluetooth link to the old phone then youā€™ll need to delete the old link in the new phone and then relink the HAs to the new phone. I had to do this today with all my wifeā€™s BT stuff on her new iPhone 11.

No, I didnā€™t use any backups because I wanted to avoid problems. I connected the bluetooth from scratch.

And so it begins again. Seems P-Marvels donā€™t like new iPhones at all in 2018, 2019, 2020?

What operating system is it? iOS 13? There have been some problems with that, but my iPhone 7 using beta iOS 13.1 works fine. I doubt if itā€™s the actual phone, but thatā€™s just my opinion. I gather 13.1 is being realised earlier than expected on 24 Sept.

Yes, it is iOS 13. The iPhone 11 (and pro) starts with that iOS.

I have the iPhone XS max with ios 13.1 (beta), it works superbly.

The problem is the new iphone 11 pro max.

1 Like

Itā€™s a common phone (soon) and HA so I suspect youā€™ll find out soon if itā€™s you, or everyone has an issue. Iā€™d try the BT connection a few times. Delink and Relink. Or send a feedback report to Apple. That can be hit a miss though. And youā€™ll not likely get a reply. Also go to an Apple store if possible and show them so they can report it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been to my hearing care professional, thereā€™s nothing to do. Itā€™s a phonak problem. :rage:We must report to the phonak. :sleepy:

Before we get the pitchforks and head over to Phonak HQā€¦ Can you answer a few questions for me.

1. Do you have the latest firmware update for Phonak Marvel devices?
  2. Did you repair the audio streaming connection to your new iPhone 11? Installing the app is not sufficient to get audio to work.
  3. when you go to the Bluetooth menu on your iPhone 11 do you are three Phonak devices or only two?

Al

2 Likes
  1. Sure.
  2. Sure.
  3. Yes, on the bluetooth menu i have three Phonak devices.

Go to settings accessibility touch scroll to bottom set call audio routing to Bluetooth headset.
Dell

This has become a common refrain. Manufacturers point their fingers at each other: ā€œItā€™s ā€œtheirā€ fault.ā€ Then mysteriously one or the other will do an upgrade and the problem will be fixed with neither taking responsibility. It seems to be the price we pay for ā€œcutting edgeā€ technology.

1 Like

The early adopters lamentā€¦

2 Likes

Hi, here is the phonak answer:

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Phonak with your inquiry. We have been made aware that the Audeo Marvel is not staying paired to the new iPhone 11. Our Product Management team will be reaching out to Apple to determine what has changed to cause this incompatibility. Unfortunately, we do not have an answer to give at the moment. We will hold on to your email and let you know once we hear of an update. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Consumer Technical Support"

We just have to wait like last year :slight_smile:

PS. I solved temporarily using the bluetooth of the Apple Watch Series 4 connected with the Marvels. Now I can make calls and listen to music thanks to the apple watch.

2 Likes

Great idea. Go to check it.

Great thanks for that.

What version iOS are iPhone 11s running?

:wink:
In the iPhone 11 there is iOS 13 :smile:

Have no BT streaming (music and phone) from my new iPhone 11 pro max to my Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 hearing aids. They are essentially the same as your Phonak marvels. Called Apple Accessibility number after regular tec support didnā€™t know what to do. The accessibility tec finally said he turned the problem over to engineering and he said he will call me back when he hears back from them. That was around noon yesterday. I had reported the problem to my Costco yesterday and got a call from them just now making an appt. for 5:30 today. He thinks he knows how to fix the problem. Apparently Costco knows more than Apple. Iā€™ll let yā€™all know if the problem gets fixed. Apple is supposed to release 13.1 on Tuesday and that may fix the problem for everybody.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is some issue with iOS13 and streaming to Bluetooth devices. A quick Google search shows that some people are having issues with Bluetooth headset pairing with iOS13 which would extend to pairing to Phonak Marvel platform devices.

There was a problem with Phonak Marvels and iPhone Xs models but this only affected Bluetooth phone calls due to a change in HFP profile attributes on iPhone end. The problem you are having sounds like a completely different problem.

There is apparently an iOS update coming next week (13.1) that will solve a number of issues. Perhaps this will resolve this problem?

I have Marvel 90r and have had no problems with connecting to my iPhone X I have the most recent update 13. the most common problem seems to be to make sure your fitter changes the bluetooth to ā€œfixedā€