iPhone 11 pro max and Phonak marvels, bluetooth does not work

I have no idea what ios13.1.2 is. All I know is I called phonak in Naperville Illinois and they said None of the iPhone 11’s will pair with phonak marvel that includes iPhone 11 iPhone 11pro and iPhone 11 promax. The Va in north Chicago meet with phonak people on Monday and they were told there is no fix for the problem and they had no idea when it will be fixed only that they are working on it. The audiologists in north Chicago va are telling people not to buy the 11’s. I returned mine and got the iPhone xr it is the 6.1 screen and I paired it myself.

Everyone has the issue. It is not IOS 13.1.2 since all other iPhone models work with that version of the software. Instead it is the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max that are currently incompatible. They are having similar problems with vehicle connection stability with these models. While they are not owning up to it yet publicly, it is a known issue. It will likely require a firmware update to the phone from what I can tell. All the reboot, reset, clean install recommendations are a waste of time since none will fix the problem. Clearly a PIA.

1 Like

IOS 13.1.2 still hasn’t fixed my 3 way pairing issues with my HA, iPhone & CI.
I was in at the CCC yesterday and was told that not the update we are waiting for …

There is a new version 3.0.1 of the Phonak app for the iPhone. The app now plays better with iOS 13 but it does not seem to fix the streaming or phone call problems.

I have an Apple Developer account. Running the 13.2 beta as of yesterday (on an 11 Pro Max). Still the same issues (but haven’t had any problems with connecting to my 2015 GMC 2500 bluetooth).

Yes, I’ve been running iOS 13.2 beta, and there are no problems with an iPhone 7, but there weren’t any with any release of iOS 13. It seems a major problem with the new iPhones.

I just installed iOS 13.2 beta 2 and it fixed most of the problems with my iPhone 11/Phonak hearing aids, streaming music, and hands free calling. I still have some audio breakup a first. It seems to play fine after the Phonak app drops the l & r Bluetooth connections. I was killing the app, but it appears to clear up if you give it a minute.

4 Likes

When will they release 13.2 ?

The information I have seen suggests a vague before the end of the year date. 13.2 was just released in beta, so I suspect it has to spend significant time there. It has new features, not just big fixes. My hope is that they will release 13.1.3 and 13.1.4 to fix bugs only.

Great news! Exactly what I was asking above. Thanks!

@Sierra - nobody knows when 13.2 will drop. It’s all speculation.

Did you try 13.2 beta 2 released last week?

2 Likes

Running iOS 13.2 beta 2 on iPhone 11 Pro Max (developer beta first available on Oct 10). No issues with Bluetooth streaming, although the Phonak App still is a little buggy (flaky responsiveness, but it runs). Glad to see progress on this finally! No idea when the public beta will be available, but my guess it’ll probably be sometime in the next week or so.

1 Like

This is excellent news: looks like we are closer than we think to a fix for iPhone 11 and Marvel users.

1 Like

• Fixes an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles
  • Improves connection reliability of Bluetooth hearing aids and headsets

Downloading iOS 13.1.3 on my wife’s iPhone 11, will report back with results with my Marvels.

EDIT: My wife’s iPhone 11 is now working well with my Marvels… including with having the app open and streaming simultaneously!

3 Likes

New iphone update 13.1.3 came out today. I am now able to pair without dropping the connection. Music and phone all working right now.

1 Like

Downloading it now while hoping my WiFi will stay connected long enough to get it.

it works great !!! I’m happy!:grin:

Mine did not work ,still the same after the download, unpaired them got rid of the app , down loaded the app again paired them same result they just went to not connected after 10 seconds

I would reset your iPhone and make sure you are running iOS 13.1.3. It seems it’s fixing it for the majority so I’m wondering if something isn’t being done right on your end.

1 Like

Just returned iphone XS max, bought 9 days ago as soon as I saw iOS update; got the iphone 11 pro max that I wanted in the first place … once we updated to ios 13.1.3 and installed i cloud backup from old (?) phone I paired m90 Marvels to phone and then deleted and reinstalled MyPhonak app and paired to it all works as it should. Thank God I was within the 14 day return window !
I had sneaky suspicion that issue would be resolved as soon I canceled original order for 11 pro max …and settled for XS Max.
But alls well that ends well