IOs 16 Audio handoff fail

Be very afraid of updating iphone to IOS 16. It has made the audio handoff impossible unless you do a “Forget this device” on the device you are leaving and re-pair on new device

5th gen Ipad on IOS 15.7 to Iphone se 2nd gen. on IOS 16
Resound Linx3d

Apparently no hearing challenged engineers work at Apple in the MFI dept.

You don’t have to forget the aids just disable the Bluetooth and I have say the hand off has never worked for me. And IOS16 is so much better with MFi than IOS15 it isn’t even a question for me. The update to IOS16 was the best decision I have mad

2 Likes

iPhone 13 IOS16, iPad 9 generation IOS15.7, while hand off isn’t happening, it is no problem to move control from one device to the other all is needed is a momentary disable and enable of Bluetooth on the device with the connection and the connection transfers to the other device. This is the easiest I have seen in a couple generations of IOS.

I’ve tried that several times, I still have to forget this device and re-pair.
Then I reset network settings and now it’s back to just needing Bluetooth turned off on device I’m leaving.

Before the update I had both working like it’s supposed to. Like it did when I first got the aids when MFI first came out.

1 Like

@burchdb: Me, too … just updated to iOS 15.7 (best we got here in the Cold North). Phone works great: makes and receives calls like a pro. Same with my HAs : I hears great with my Mores1. HerSelf®️loves them, too - she sez “Don’t chance a think!”

Life is good in the cold, cold, North!

2 Likes

@cvkemp: Chuck, I just installed iOS16 and received a phone call, no problem. My hearing aids work, and I can hear (mostly) fine with them. I can’t figure out what Opticon engineers were so worried about.

1 Like

I personally do not believe they have even looked at the new IOS16 yet.

I just dusted off off my OPNS1 aids and paired them to my iPhone and the app is working good, and I can change the volume and the programs from the watch control panel as well as the ON app

iOS 16 also provides automatic live captions. They are not as good as Google’s but still very helpful
for phone calls, FaceTime, videos, etc.

1 Like

Updated to iOS 15.7, no problem with More 1.
Careful with iOS16, as there are Bluetooth connectivity problem. Saw some users complaint in Facebook.

I have the More1 aids and iPhone 13 I updated to IOS16 the day it became available and so glad I did, I haven’t had this good a connectivity before with my More1 aids. I am not sure what all the fuss is about. Even the ON is working which is a first for me.

1 Like

@cvkemp: Same here, Chuck … I haven’t had any issues with iOS 16, but I’m not running Apple watches or other fancy gizmos in my getup.

1 Like

My Apple Watch is working great with the ON app and also with just the Watch control panel, then again I don’t have the newer series Watch, and don’t plan to get another Apple Watch.

Perhaps they are eagerly checking this forum with fingers crossed while we do the job they are supposed to do… lol

1 Like