INTENT Smart charger

I was just looking on the Oticon site and download documents for the VA and government services and I found a document for the Oticon Smartcharger INTENT, then I double checked and there is another separate document for the Smart charger for the Real, More, etc aids.

4 Likes

Great find. Thanks for posting. This is the link i also found for reference… Oticon SmartCharger for Intent

4 Likes

I think the smart charger is different for the MORE/Real & Intent.

The smart charger for the intent is definitely different than the ine for the real and more aids.

2 Likes

That’s for sure because the More and Real uses induction contactless charging while the Intent has contact charging. So a new Smart Charger for the Intent will have to be the contact type of charger.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for this info! Did it by any chance say when the Intent Smartcharger is coming out? I just asked my audiologist for it yesterday and he called, but Oticon couldn’t give out any answers.

It is already listed as part of the VA contract so it could be any time, but I expect it will be in the October to November time frame.

1 Like

Fellow veterans the VA is receiving the INTENT smart charger now.

8 Likes

Maybe there’s a chance it will come out sooner then, I hope!

The VA is giving the INTENT smart chargers out now.

1 Like

Regarding the USB cable that we can see at the back of the charger in the picture. Can someone thet has access to the charger confirm if that is a loose standard USB cable or a cable that is attached permanently to the charger?

It is detachable, according to Oticon. I own the previous version (More) and it is detachable as well.

Excellent! Thanks, Let’s hope they release it in Norway also quite soon

On the smart charger for the Real, More and INTENT aids it is removable, and on the INTENT desktop charger it is removable. Now the Real, and More charging method is different from the INTENT so the chargers are different.

Thanks, trialing the Intent from mid-June, the charger is maybe not available yet here in mid-June but at least I know it is coming, and has a non-proprietary cable.

I wonder if they will offer trade ins - I got INTENT a couple months ago, and would really prefer the smaet charger -

1 Like

In the case of the Real, when its Smart Charger was released, I don’t recall that they offer trade-ins for Real users. They only offered new users a choice between one or the other for the same cost. So I’m not optimistic that they’ll do things differently for the Intent.

1 Like

You’re probably right… I know when I was able to upgrade from REAL to INTENT - the audiologist only wanted the hearing aids back, so I still have smart charger for the REAL … kind of seems like Oticon has closets full of chargers … … I’ll ask audiologist when they might be available …

1 Like

I have 3 Oticon desk charger ls, and 2 smart chargers for Oticon OPNS1, More1 and Real1 aids. And when I return home from our RV trip I will be getting my INTENT1 aids and chargers. I have requested a backup charger for the off chance that I for get to pack it for our sometimes quick trips. But as a disabled veteran I have to say the VA has really been taking care of my hearing loss requirements.

My audiologist just told me the smart charger is available. Plan to pick it up at my next appointment July 1 when I get my custom moulds. Been trailing the Oticon Intent 1 RIC for a few weeks now :+1:

1 Like