Input options gone for Oticon More in version 1.4.1?

Greetings -

Just had my Oticon More 1’s updated to Version 1.4.1 - took care of the bluetooth connectivity problems I was having with 1.4.0. However, when you triple click on the side of the IPhone, the display that comes up for the HA’s no longer list input options as a possible selection, therefore obliterating the option of being able to toggle hands free calling on and off. Has anyone else noticed this if you have 1.4.1, and if you have, do you know the reason for the omission? And do we therefore know what the status of hands free calling and its options are under 1.4.1?

Thanks, and much appreciation for any input that you can give.

I have a question have you forgotten your aids on the phone and paired them afterwards

Yes I did - first I had the Iphone forget the aids and then paired them back after they were updated to 1.4.1 - all done in the audiologist office.

1 Like

Sorry, sound like there is a bug in oticon firmware that removed hand free calling, I am very surprised at their lack of Quality assurance… WTF Oticon, you screwed up

1 Like

Go back to Accessibility - General - Accessibility Shortcut on your iPhone and make sure that Triple-Click the Side Button is set to MFi Devices. I never lost it when I updated to 1.4.1. It is an iPhone option not an Oticon option.

3 Likes

I never lost it either - I just do not have input options as a selection - the hearing selections otherwise come up as always after triple clicking. I am thinking that it is probably a bug with 1.4.1 - I was just wondering what others who have upgraded to 1.4.1 have found.

Ah! Sorry. One too many New Years beverages.

With More 1 aids with 1.4.1 and an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 16.2, I have the option of selecting the microphone using the MFI menu (triple click on the right side button, click on Mic Input (bottom item on my screen. Selecting Off uses the iPhone mic for calls for me:

1 Like

Biggar, that explains it then - there is a different format for 1.4.1 as far as the type of choices that are avaialble on the IPhone screen. Instead of “input options” being available, we now are faced with a simple yes or no as to what microphone we want to use. I don’t know it that is better or worse than what was available under 1.3, but at least it answers my question - many thanks!

2 Likes

Input Options is not available or visible during a call. When not on a call you should see the option.

1 Like