iAR. World's 1st 100% Invisible Hearing Aid

Hello everyone. Something new came out. A Revolutionary New Hearing Aid, 100% Invisible. Instant-Fit. Rechargeable & Affordable Device. Check it out here; https://cutt.ly/yLRWcpR

Any opinions?

Not really that new. Phonak has their Lyric product. Most of these types of hearing aids are analog devices and have very limited sound processing capabilities. They are mostly just sound amplification devices. Iā€™ll be honest in saying that almost nobody notices I am wearing hearing aids and Iā€™m currently wearing mini BTEā€™s with RIC.

Jordan

1 Like

Is it like the kings new clothes

Run far, far away from Indiegogo; there is NO guarantee that you will ever receive product. I was out $375 (as were hundreds of others) for a product that never made it to market. Indiegogo was unresponsive.

2 Likes

Yes, but Lyric cost $1700 per aid for a yearly subscription, and it is the same technology.

Its interesting. My thoughts-

No mention of how you program or edit programs. Or how you program the aids.
No showing how you remove them.
No mention of being able to adjust volume/mute.
Are they waterproof or you have to remove them for a shower, etc?
Warranty period? Correction, see 1 year.

The Lyric is a fit and forget technology. You sleep in it. You shower with it. etc.
Yes, totally different price points but even at the low end you still need features like volume control, mute, etc. My opinion.

I get a kick out of vanity. People are going about their business with those white sticks hanging out of their ears. Oh but have a visible hearing aid and no sir canā€™t have that. Silly. Get over yourself.

5 Likes

Iā€™m a very experienced hearing aid user. I actually tested the Lyric2. I loved the concept of the hearing aids just sitting invisibly inside my ears. Kinda made me feel like a normal person again despite the slight level of discomfort. Hereā€™s the thing. As soon as I got into a slightly noisy environment, my word comprehension effectively dropped to almost ZERO. Everything just sounded like a massive mess of noise. I pulled them out after 24 hours and never looked back. IMHO, if you canā€™t hear with a hearing aid, it is basically useless regardless of the price. Maybe it would work for some people with mild hearing losses but Lyric was too simple a technology for most people with a hearing loss.

Jordan

Yeah Iā€™ve had issues here as well, I did get it sorted in the endā€¦ like 3 months later!
With these types of things, its better to wait for them to come on to the market.

Agreed. Iā€™d rather pay full price when available instead of risking $500 for a $150 discount.
Iā€™m waiting for a reply from the founder, but no response to my question on how you do follow-on adjustments/tunings. This comes across as a ā€˜you get what you get and better like itā€™ solution. They program them once, ship to you (their partner looks to be in Asiaā€¦) and if you need to alter the programming you are out of luck.
Iā€™m very interested in this product but will need to see how it comes to market and response before I buy one. Hope they give some trial reviews for reference.

Another concern I have with these - the urethane tips and how they attach or de-attach. Something being inserted so deeply in the canal, the Lyric has the tips as part of the housing, solidly attached. These units however have the tips user changeable. So I am curious to see how they securely attach to the device and donā€™t get left behind when pulling it out of your canal.

2 Likes

I think that main thing with Indiegogo is to help companies like this to come to the market.

Update- follow on programming/adjustments can be made via PC & Cable into Charging Dock using a remote session from company. Thats good news

1 Like

And now they changed the Indiegogo campaign, only ā€œbackersā€ can ask questions or add to the discussion. I was able to ask the questions yesterday, but not today. I canā€™t even respond to my own threadā€¦

@richardsondc: If you visit that link, be prepared for some ā€œLoverBoyā€ junk mail afterwardsā€¦

1 Like

I was considering donating or choosing a ā€œperkā€ but now definitely not.
For the owner to only accept questions/discussion about his product AFTER you donate moneyā€¦ what kind of logic is that?

ā€œHey, I want you to fund my projectā€¦ Give me your money first then I will talk to you about the project. Wonā€™t answer questions about my product until you have given me a donation.ā€

Hmmmmm

3 Likes

If youā€™ve already donated youā€™re less likely to ask curly questions because if those questions had already occurred to youā€™d be less likely to have donated? And if youā€™ve already donated youā€™re less likely to suggest that the product is a pile of fetid dingoā€™s kidneys because of the cognitive dissonance.

1 Like

I know, old thread. But Iā€™m watching the indiegogo website to see if they actually deliver product this monthā€¦ I am interested in these aids but waiting to see how they pan outā€¦

no company website. doesnā€™t look good.

Very interesting! I was a Lyric wearer for 7+ years and absolutely loved it. Iā€™ll be interested to see if this product is cheaper (Lyric is $1750/yr per ear), if it is digital, or has any bluetooth streaming capabilities.

Literally the only issue I had with Lyric was that my speech comprehension wasnā€™t much better, as it was only an analog/amplifier device. In a crowd/group, I was totally lost. I made the switch to RICs in the hopes of improvement.

But if a Lyric-type of device ever went digital/bluetooth - Iā€™ll be there in a HEARTBEAT. Thereā€™s simply nothing else like it.

Would seem that this iAR Hearing LLC offering is just another scam on Indiegogo. The backers have posted that the owner/company has stopped communicating, no products have been shipped and refunds are being requested. Like the Nanoplug campaign of a few years prior.

Bummer. Seemed like a winner product to some of us.