How to turn off iPhone notification sounds on Oticon Opn?

I have an iPhone and octicon hearing aids.

Everything on my iPhone sound related comes through my hearing aides. I can’t find option to turn that off. I’ve adjusted Bluetooth settings, cellular data.

Any help is appreciated!

Just go to your Bluetooth settings and disconnect your hearing aids. Don’t “forget this device” otherwise you’ll have to go thru the whole paring process when you want to use it again.

Go into the iPhone settings, Accessibility then hearing devices then audio routing and set media audio to never hearing aids,

Go into Settings, Sounds & Haptics, and turn off Keyboard Clicks and Lock Sounds also.

1 Like

I assume your hearing aids are MFI. If so your only option would be to into your iPhone accessibility setting and turn MFI off. It would be great if you could turn on MFI by application, but that seems not to be the case.

There’s no turn MFi option off feature. The other suggestions regarding keyclick sounds, lock sounds, and audio roiuting work so yo can keep connected to bluetooth and adjust the aids with Apple accessibility features.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t use IPhone but I assumed it is similar to IPad: try going into settings/accessibility. There should be a place there to turn on/off MFI. Maybe someone else who uses iPhone could comment.

The clarifying question is that it sounds like the OPN wants to selectively hear audio like music or phone calls from the iPhone but doesn’t want to hear the notification chimes, is that correct?

If so, I’m nott sure if there’s a way to do that. Whatever is set to come out of the iPhone speaker gets routed to the speaker, and the only choice you get is to control how the phone audio and the media audio is routed. I assume that media audio here is like for music and video audio. I’m not sure if notification sounds are consider media audio or not.

I did comment. The iPad doesn’t have a turn off MFi option either. Its settings and controls in iOS are the same as an iPhone.

1 Like

I looked at my IPad under accessibility. If you look down at the very bottom of the MFI menu you will see an option that is “Forget this device”. I don’t know if the iPhone has a similar selection but I would guess it does.

The nuclear option isn’t necessary or helpful. I don’t get all the bleeps and bloops from my phone to my aids, have streaming turned off, and can still use my phone with the Accessibilty feature to adjust volume, bass, and treble, and switch programs, without going into the hearing aids’ iPhone app.

And Dan, like I said, and you confirmed, there isn’t a turn MFi off button. “Forget this Device” does not equal turn MFi off. :thinking:

1 Like

Let’s try this one more time:

1. Go into setting/accessibility/hearing devices
  2. Near the top of that screen (assuming you have previous hearing aids paired) you will see ***hearing aids connected.
  3. Click on that device then go to the bottom of that screen.
  4. You will then see a message “forget this device”.
    5 Click on that and your MFI will go away.

I have KS8s (MFI capable) with my IPad: it turns off MFI.

Restating an asinine and unhelpful response doesn’t magically make it better.

2 Likes

Old post I know.

Just wanted to say THANKS! Your suggestion worked for my 11MaxPro and Phonak P30

Was about to throw them under a bus. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Old post but just wanted to post my thanks for this information. I can now use my iPhone to control the hearing aids but not to receive audio for calls nor for streaming.

Hi jay_man2,
I see you refer to a treble/bass adjustment working for your HAs, this adjustment has become unavailable to my wife, in “streaming equaliser” after an iOS update to 15.4 with Oticon OPN S hearing aids.
This loss of full operability options has left her with an uncomfortably annoying magnified treble signal, without the ability to adjust the balance.
Do you have access to a program that fix this problem?
A positive answer would raise immeasurably my value standing, in my wife’s opinion.

Hi again
I have found on my wife’s iPhone, that when all else seems futile and your stuck in what appears to be an unpairable situation, go to the control centre and press the > button on the music/audio player, ie top right box, (assuming you some music waiting in the background) this appears to bring everything back into normal status, that is the battery levels show status and pairing is recovered on both HA’s to the iPhone, System/accessability/Hearing aids app.
I had found that this operation seems to bring everything back to it’s senses in most cases.