How do you transfer Roger On Licences?

I’ve been doing some research and just a bit confused and wondered if anyone could enlighten me.

1 - If I bought a Roger On In from say ebay, how do you physically transfer the licence for 2 hearing aids? - Do you need a device or something? I’ve got my own programmer and the software needed.
2 - How would you know that the Roger device does not have the licence transferred to some hearing aids already?
3 - If you bought a Roger On In, and transferred the licence to your hearing aids, is there anything to stop anyone transferring the licence back out? (I’m not sure how that would happen, but suppose the device was faulty, how can phonak move the code out of your hearing devices if they were to send a replacement?
4 - Does one Roger On In Mic cover the licence for 2 hearing aids or only 1?
5 - Is it cheaper to get 2x Roger X (03) and transfer them out?

I might now be stuck with a Roger ON (not the IN) that has no licence with it to connect to my hearing aids, so looking to weigh up the cheapest options for me to get it working, or sell it myself.

Ta very much in advance.
M

1 Like
1 Like

New Roger In microphones come with 2 roger licenses.
If you buy second hand , you can not know if the licenses are in the microphone. Perhaps the seller can tell you. Maybe the seller does’nt know this either.

But with Roger In microphones you can recover/obtain more licenses within the microphone using the Phonak Roger Upgradersoftware.
see
recovered licenses with a Roger Select iN microphone using Roger Upgrader

2 Likes

Can you transfer a licences from a Roger ON IN to a Roger ON Only device?

mthomas_uk, you got some good answers above, and while your detailed questions make my BRAIN implode at this early hour (haven’t even finished my cuppa cawfee yet), I’ll give a stab here and there, cuz I TOTALLY empathize with the ridiculously convoluted and almost Black Magic needed to get this stoopid Roger mic paired + connected to a pair of aids. Cuz that’s what we’re wanting in a nutshell. Licenses are just obfuscation heaped on top.

I don’t know the going price of a Roger X, but I was bullied by Phonak into buying two (redundant) Roger ON iN mics cuz I have two pairs of Phonak Lumity Life rechargeable aids that only give me 14 hrs/day use, so I wanted to swap the mics and aids as I needed. Yeah, I’m a cash cow for Phonak, but they seem to have resolved that crazy logic with the Roger ON iN V3 that has limitless licenses.

Hope you get a working mic, cuz they are VERY good in certain situations! Also, if you have myPhonak app on your phone, it wil DISPLAY the status of your Roger license on each aid. That is really helpful cuz I spent HOURS trying to get a license onto on aid and myPhonak confirmed it was unsuccessful.

1 Like

No, the transfer only works from an IN microphone to Phonak hearing aids with Roger direct capabilty , and this feature is avalable from Marvel (2019) onwards
→ all Marvel Audeo/Bolero/Naida , Paradise Audeo/Naida , Lumity Audeo/Naida , and the new Infinio are Roger direct ready.

The older Roger ON (and other Roger mics) without IN does not have any capabilty to receive or send virtual receicer licenses and you need physical Roger X receivers and an Roger installer to transfer the licenses from Roger X to the Aids

No, but you can transfer the licenses to your hearing aids from the Roger On iN and then your hearing aids will work with the plain old Roger On or Roger Select or Roger Table Mic II. Only one set of licenses is required for your aids to work with all non educational devices

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I think I’ve got the general idea. So, my plan is:

1. Get a secondhand Roger On In device with a battery that’s almost at the end of its life.
  2. Transfer the license to my Phonak Spheres i90 by pushing the pin on the back of the Roger device and pairing each license to my hearing aids one at a time.
  3. Set aside or discard the old Roger On In.
  4. Use the new Roger On Mic to connect to my hearing aids using the transferred licenses.
  5. That should do it!

Does that sound right? Am I missing anything?

Apologies for the detail, but I’ve already ended up with a Roger On Mic I can’t use and don’t want to make the same mistake again.

2 Likes

See wideo belov:

1. Good man
  2. See youtube video
  3. Or change the battery and use it as a backup or at vork!
  4. That should vork if you’ve follved the wideo on youtube
  5. Lowely jubbly
1 Like

This is the way. And should work.

If the secondhand Roger On In missing a license then you can get new receiver licenses via Roger Upgrader Software V1.27

The second hand iN microphone need a working USB Port !
There’s a button in the Roger Upgrader Software that allows you to get more licenses from 1 x Roger iN.
to obtain more Receiver licenses for your iN micropfone, connect the microphone to PC with Roger Upgrader installed on PC.

Download and install Roger Upgrader 1.27 on your PC
Connect the Roger Microphone via USB
open Roger Upgrader
Go to Read Device Data. There is a button: Retrieve Roger Receivers. Click “Retrieve Roger Receivers” to get one new receiver inside the microphone.
Click “Retrieve Roger Receivers” again, to get another receiver

2 Likes

@firenzel Has anyone tested the 1.29 version if it does provide with moar licenses?

Never heard of anyone who testdrived the newer 1.29.

I can not test, because have no iN mic.

1 Like

@Baltazard

I got some new licenses yesterday from a On iN and the newest software.

4 Likes

@mthomas_uk

You can also use the new version 1.29 of Roger Upgrader software
found on the end (below) on this website

@Zebras Is there a limit to the number or licenses or is it still 10?
Thx

Yes, It works (Did it after transferring licenses to my spheres–nobody is interested in that, but I needed more characters to send the message)

2 Likes

@Baltazard

Still restricted to 5 sets of licenses.

2 Likes

@mthomas_uk , the cheapest way is to buy 2 receivers from ebay and pay to have them transferred. I have seen for as little as £30 each.

1 Like