Homemade Sweat Covers for Behind the Ear Aids

Hello Everyone. I am posting this topic so it may help others wearing BTE aids that have issues with sweat getting into the aids and shorting out the batteries. I know you can purchase ready made “booties” for this purpose, but at $20.00 I have found my way is much cheaper, albet, mine are not as pretty as the “booties” but so far I have not had any comments while out in public using mine.
So, for about $27.00 you can get all the needed items to make the homemade “booties” that work very well and have enough rubber bands and tubing to make and use 250 “booties”.
Unfortunately, it appears I can’t attach photos of my aids with the booties on or the photo of all the materials needed, so if you would like to see them please email me at scroller2014@gmail.com.

I just steal one of my wife’s panty liners and cut little strips off them that stick to the side of the hearing aid. Keeps my ears fresh all afternoon mowing the lawn - get new ones when I come in …

Some people may consider pretty an essential feature for something that I personally don’t consider a major problem. I mean I wear my aids in the rain and I don’t know anyone who sweats more than it rains. But good luck

2 Likes

Mine are pretty waterproof. I have worn in the rain as @hass5744. Give them a wipe down when I’m dry and never had a worry.

WH

1 Like

@WhiteHat: Yes, but are behind your ears … fresh?

1 Like

I probably stink pretty much all over. Why should I worry about my ears being fresh?

:wink:

WH

@WhiteHat: Too much information … !!!

I think I’m just going to walk away from this thread

1 Like

@hass5744: It’s a crazy thread, anyway. There’s not much for me into it, because I have some of that EarGo stuff, and it’s cheaply made junk. I actually use panty liners and a terry sweat band, and they work fine, separately or together.

It’s a shame to waste all your niceness on this thread, hass! (This is one of those where ya just “Give’er!”)

Well, there are those of us who appreciate inputs from people who actually have expedrience in having had the problem that is the subject of the post. Then there are those who scour threads and posts just to have the pleasure of disagreement or of bashing the poster even though the poster may be just attempting to help others that are having the same issue. I feel sorry for those who fall into this catagory as they seem to have nothing better to do with their time and most probably don’t even have to use or wear hearing aids. I hope you have a great day!

Who does this?
You got some helpful tips/opinions from others, this is what a forum is for, discussing the issues posted, try not to get offended and keep posting your thoughts.

@tenkan: I would like to order a pair of of these devices in the colour of Egg Shell, please! (Or, if not available, the colour of Onion Skin.)

Must be 20

Must be 20

How hard are you on these things! The spandex on my elastic unraveled the first time I wore them! I see they were founded in 2005. My audi led me to believe they were much newer. Another “My Audi Fib©️”.

Must be 20

Must be 20

Must be 20

Must be 20

I purchased 2 pairs of Ear Gear several years ago. Thought they’d be great while jogging and sweating.

They’re collecting dust somewhere in the house now. They just became a nuisance for me, plus I never saw any benefit.

But I can see how they’d be great for someone.

@Zebras: Thanks for the picture!

[@tenkan: Now, if the OP would only expend as much energy learning to use the upload tray icon at the bottom right of the text entry screen, we might be able to view pictures that would allow us to fully appreciate his proposed new getups… If you catch my drift.]

Yes definitely, as I’m keen to see what they look like.

1 Like

Just for the record. Founded and made are not necessarily the same thing.