Hi Pro 2 Connectivity Issue

I don’t have Signia hearing aids so I don’t know for sure about this. Maybe you need Connexx 6 for older/legacy for the Pure models;

The Prompt P/SP models need a additional programming adaper/boot? can you show a picture of the connection plug on the HA.

Could your cables be the Phonak CS44 cables? Here on the forum we refer to them as CS44A cables. If they are they have 2 pins out of place for your Signia aids.

Is there a place in your software to set up the HiPro? A place to detect HiPro? This place would show the HiPro serial number and verify the HiPro is ready for use. Phonak Target is this way is why I am asking.

Yes. I have both the versions of Connex…I have got all the required fitting software. I used another Hi Pro2 and that worked fine. My only concern is the Hi pro 2 is powering and the hearing aids are giving an output.

I use CS44 cables. They work fine with another Hipro 2 that I connected.

Yes, I use the required adapters.

You have a second HiPro that works fine, correct?
Try swapping that working HiPro out but use everything else the same. Same aids, cables and software.
If you can connect to the aids with the different HiPro but not the one you are asking about, I would question the HiPro.

The Hi Pro2 powers up, blinks lights. The left/right Hi Pro2 lights blink meaning it is trying to establish a connection with the hearing aids, and then the connection is not established. So try to isolate which is not working?

• Cables?
  • Adapters?
  • Hearing Aid batteries?
  • Hearing Aids?
  • Hi Pro2?

Hi, same thing is happening to me. but in my case says USB port: No.

I have it working for usual fittings but for some oticon firmware update is not detecting the device as a hiPro2.

Im worried that the one I have could be a fake one.

Try changing port numbers. Change it to either COM 1 or COM 2.

Hello, my Hi-pro 2 configuration tool shows me “USB port: No”, is it a big fake? What is shown on yours? Thank you.

No most unlikely a fake,can you show a screenshot, but com-port 1 to 4 only for HiPro, what’s the set up you have?

AcePC T11 with windows 10, com-port 1.
In case I threw away 400 $, this item is as fast as Hipro usb standard or slower? Thank you.

The serial USB (universal serial bus) port is used for communication between your PC/laptop
and the HiPro.
Communication is USB 2.0 full Speed (USB 1.1 compatible)

So what exactly is the issue again, You can’t make a connection? What software are you using and HAs are you trying to connect with.

Get the installation guide and driver from here.

1 Like

Thank you for support. Attached what is shown in configuration tool.
In this supposed Hipro 2 the entry USB port is No, but in my previous Hipro USB it was Yes.

I can still programming the HA, just want know the real speed of this item.

Are you using HI-PRO USB , or HI-PRO with serial connector?

if your HI-PRO have an serial port (RS-232) then the connection is slower as with USB, and via serial port connection the data transfer need more time.

Photo of Serial-Port
Serial
RS-232 / serial port

Serial Port Speed Serial port - Wikipedia

USB speed

As the window is titled Hi-Pro 2, it looks like you can connect the Hi-pro 2 both via USB and serial-interface.

However, since I never used a non-serial Hi-Pro I am not sure, of course. Could anyone be so industrious that they provide a old Hi-Pro with serial interface with an internal serial-2-USB converter, that established itself as an Hi-Pro 2? Seems a lot of work.

Can’t remember what the firmware version on my serial Hi-Pro was. But it seems that 4.00 is a higher version than my Hi-Pro serial ever reached.

There are other (, older) threads that discuss the speed of serial Hi-Pro connections, though. IIRC, you could vary the bitrate to get an increase in speed.

Hipro USB, sold as “2”

I think there is exactly this inside, unfortunately, or not?

As stated, it’s USB only, the MK 2 version is 5 times faster than MK 1, the difference in speeds in the USB 2.0 port is up to 480 Mb per second, I don’t see why this makes any difference tho, I’m glad your still able to provide programming with your set up, that AcePC T11 is a little beast for sure.
Did you check your device manager to see what it shows there.
Like in this screenshot “borrowed without copyright from another member”