Help me interprent my audiogram

o is air conduction right

x is air conduction left

[ = Bone Masked

< = Bone un-masked

I wont see my ENT until the end of august. Anyone here who is good at audiograms? I wish it could be otosclerosis, but I guess hearing the would be better in the higher frequencies is that was the case? It hope that it is some kind of conductive hearing loss that could be treatable.

@Neville @Um_bongo Could one of you comment? My lay impression is that the loss in the right ear is largely conductive and the left is near normal.

Here’s my inexpert observation. Your left ear seems to be not too bad at all. Maybe a little off. Your right ear is struggling some. It could use some help.

Try this: Breaking Down Your Hearing Test | Audiogram Review - YouTube

It is some sort of conductive loss that may be treatable, possibly otosclerosis. But even with treatment you may still benefit from heading aids. Depends a bit on surgical outcomes. You could pick up some bone conduction earphones if you wanted a balanced audio for phone calls, streaming, etc.

1 Like

Yes, that’s pretty much it.

Not much actual analysis needed. Ossified/broken ossicular chain or stapes fixation. Detached tymp/broken long process of Malleus possible.

ENT will advise if it’s repairable. If repair is contra-indicated I’ve fitted a few of these with IIC - carry on with life as before.

3 Likes